So do I go to stage 3?!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
https://www.cowandgate.co.uk/our_products/baby_milks?bfn=1

Caitlins on stage 2 & we've started weaning her I knew stage 1 & 2 were from birth to 12 monsths so was wondering why stage 3 is from '6' and Ive just seen to compliment weaning so as we're weaning Caitlin should we shift he rover at 6 months? Did you?

If shes fine on stage two then id stick with that and review things when shes at 12 months.

why have you got her on hungrier baby milk?

That would explain why shes a lazy drinker, that milk is very thick and has alot of casein in it, shes tiny, she would be ok on the normal milk wouldnt she?

x

I did and regret it bigtime, my milk guzzler baby turned into not fussed on it and I blame the milk, but then stage 2 would be heavy on her stomach as layla says. Personally if I had to do it again I'd stick to stage 1

why have you got her on hungrier baby milk?

That would explain why shes a lazy drinker, that milk is very thick and has alot of casein in it, shes tiny, she would be ok on the normal milk wouldnt she?

x
She was the same on stage 1 (a lazy drinker) infact she took more on stage 2. Spoke to HV about it - was to fill her up more (was slow gaining weight nothing of concern but always borderline) shes been on teat 2 from a couple of weeks too which is for 3 months+

Also she appeared more sicky on stage 1.

Shes now taking 7-9oz a bottle! First full 9oz this AM

Stage 3 is for weaning babies so I don't get why they have a stage 2 from birth to 12 monsth & a stage 3 from 6 months! stage 3 seems to suggest it should be for baby weaning ...no :confused:

Its because it has extra iron in it Wobbles. Katie is on stage 3 as my reason at the time was she wouldnt eat hardly anything so I changed over, neednt have worried though because her weaning picked up straight away.

Is extra iron good or bad? She likes her food bless her but is wakening earlier hungry (we think thats the reason) and appears to want more of everything milk & foods.

the only thing u got to watch out for on stage 3 is cos it has extra iron in it if they don't poo very well it might make them pooing worse.

Is extra iron good or bad? She likes her food bless her but is wakening earlier hungry (we think thats the reason) and appears to want more of everything milk & foods.

extra iron is good, you know the way they say exclusive breastfeeding for the 1st 6 months that means after 6 months a baby needs more than just milk to provide its iron sources as the resources a baby has gets lower at 6 months. So thats why we are meant to wean by 6 months and start the baby on iron-enriched foods. :) I thought it would be good because at the time Katie wasnt eating much. She drinks 3 bottles a day now and about 24-26 oz's in total of the stage 3 Aptamil.

Katie is waking earlier too this week and I've added another meal into her day. Instead of evening meal at 5.30 I've knocked it back to 4.30 and added a supper after her evening bottle. I'll tell you if it works tomorrow :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->