SO does it hurt?

scummy mummy

Reaction score
i had a c- section with my daughter, almost 7 years ago and i decided i wanted a vbac this time, it looks like i may get my wish but know am 29 weeks am starting to think oh my what if i actually have to give birth i really really dont want to. I cant tell anyone as i have been adamant with all health professionals and family as to what i want and especially OH believes its the best thing and MIL will give me the look that says it all. I have a daughter who will miss me for a week if i have a section so its selfish on her to. but the thought of being in labour for hours just scares the life out of me!

It is not that straight forward as i was told today that i will not be induced nor will i be allowed to go over my due date by more than a few day if i dont go in to labour i will have to have a c section any way so is it not easier just to book my self in for one know? atleast i have a date and a plan. anyone else in this situation x:shrug:

This s my first baby but my thoughts are yes, it will hurt but that's what we're designed to do! Imagine how much better it will be to be able to be up and about quicker and hme earlier! :)

I've never thought it "hurt" tbh. Just tiring!!! But you can do it!!!

Every woman handle it differently. For me labour was hell... but I'm TTC #2 so it must have been worth it right?! I have lots of friends who said they loved labour and felt really empowered by it. For me he was back to back, I declined all pain relief except G&A because I must have been MENTAL :haha:, then there were complications with his heart rate dropping and then I had a major tear and the placenta wouldnt come out!!! I swore I would never have another. Now I cant wait to do it again :) I'm teeny tiny, a huge wimp and a massive cry baby and I managed to pop one out and live to tell the tale. I had major stiches afterwards but still healed FAR quicker than anyone I know who had a section. I could lift him, walk around, do everything that needed doing pretty much straight away, whereas healing time with a section can take weeks.

All those things you worry about it labour really dont matter when you're actually there doing it. My biggest fear was tearing... the thought of it nearly made me pass out and I would cry about it all the time. When it came to it I had no idea at all I tore and I had a pretty major tear!

Well with a section it also depends on the number of them too. After I got home after the section (3 days later). I was doing everything I was doing before (btw it was my second section). The first section I had took weeks of recovery. The lady that was right beside me in recovery was whining about her section. I'm like, "listen I just want to hurry up and get to my room. Not spend an hour or two hearing you moan about it. After all I just had my second one". She still moaned and cried about it but I know for a fact she didn't have any labor either. But I only had to be in recovery for 50 min the second time. Verses 90 min the first time.

I had my first natural and my twins c-section and now hopin every things goes good for a VBAC this time.... when i came home from the csection i did everything like normal but cant drive n other stuff for weeks after a c-section so im goin for a vbac this time cause i have so much more to take care of ....

Yes it does hurt but it is for a limited time and I expect it must hurt a lot more as you recover from a c section than from a v delivery. Remember you can have pain relief as well so it doesnt have to be as bad as it could be. I'm definately asking for an epidural this time! x

thanks ladies, my section was 7 years ago so i prob block the worst of it out, but i guss i have to do whats right for my family and being home a day or two after i give birth is prob best xx

it hurts at the time but your body some how just deals with what it has to do! itd true that the secon ur baby is in ur arms the pain is totaly worth it

yeah its hurts but its not unbearable and thers pain relief available, at least with vbac u have yuor baby and the pain has stopped whereas like u say with c section u could be in pain uncomfortable due to stitches, wound and moving around!

i loved my labour! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->