So freaking annoyed....insomnia?????

trisha0409

Reaction score
The past couple of nights I have woken up around 2/230 (tonight it was 1) and I literally stay up for close to 3 damn hours WIDE AWAKE. I can't deal with this! I'm tired as I lay here yawning but for the life of me can not fall back asleep. Some nights I feel like I have an elephant laying on my chest and I feel like I'm sleeping inclined with my head down. I can't breaf lol!! If this is how I am feeling at 13 weeks, what the heck is it going to feel like when I'm much bigger!? Anyone have this issue? I didn't nap and went to bed about 10 😡😡😡

The past couple of nights I have woken up around 2/230 (tonight it was 1) and I literally stay up for close to 3 damn hours WIDE AWAKE. I can't deal with this! I'm tired as I lay here yawning but for the life of me can not fall back asleep. Some nights I feel like I have an elephant laying on my chest and I feel like I'm sleeping inclined with my head down. I can't breaf lol!! If this is how I am feeling at 13 weeks, what the heck is it going to feel like when I'm much bigger!? Anyone have this issue? I didn't nap and went to bed about 10 😡😡😡

I have had insomnia since 6 weeks pregnant. I have not slept thru the night since then. Most nights i wake up 2 or 3 times and after going to the bathroom, I am able to go back to sleep. However at least 2+ nights a week I am up for at least 2-3 hours. I has been a rough few months.

I have had insomnia since 6 weeks pregnant. I have not slept thru the night since then. Most nights i wake up 2 or 3 times and after going to the bathroom, I am able to go back to sleep. However at least 2+ nights a week I am up for at least 2-3 hours. I has been a rough few months.

YES!! WHYYYYYYY!?!?! Lol have you talked to your doctor about it? I might mention it next time I see her. Then on top of that I don't know if it's the lack of sleep but I keep getting headaches. I'm over it LOL

I had terrible insomnia the first 20ish weeks! My OB told me to take Benadryl. Helped me sleep and helped my horrible allergies as I couldn't take my allergy medicine. If I didn't take it I would lie awake for HOURS so exhausted but not able to sleep. I didn't take it after 20 weeks even though I still had many many many nights I couldn't sleep. But it can affect milk production if taken in late pregnancy so I didn't risk it.

I have had some insomnia but it's not persistent. Sometimes I lay awake and then I start to feel hungry, which makes me even less able to sleep. So I have to get up and snack, and it's just a terrible cycle. I find that when I exercise during the late afternoon I get so exhausted that I sleep quite well. My friend also said that she slept on a separate bed during pregnancy because she had more freedom to move and also the mattress was harder so it was actually better for her back. So you could try something like that to help? Also, try adjusting your pillow or using those maternity sleep pillows. Some women start using them really early and say it helps.

I'vè started waking in the night too. From about 3/4am I stir as I get comfortable and my heads like "soo... let's go over everything you should have said to people in past situations, imagine all the terrible things that could happen to loved ones, let's go over every situation".

And my all time favourite is when I can't get the theme tunes to cartoons out of my head!

Driving me crazy 😣

I'vè started waking in the night too. From about 3/4am I stir as I get comfortable and my heads like "soo... let's go over everything you should have said to people in past situations, imagine all the terrible things that could happen to loved ones, let's go over every situation".

And my all time favourite is when I can't get the theme tunes to cartoons out of my head!

Driving me crazy 😣

That's hilarious...this was me two nights ago. My mind was like the energizer bunny!!! Like seriously!

I've tried the prego pillow, damn thing is too hard. I switched pillows with my son last night and I actually slept pretty darn well. Even tho I went back to bed after I dropped my son off and didn't crawl outta bed till noon!!! I think I might try that Benadryl tonight. I need to look at my lest of what I can take for insomnia.

Thanks ladies! I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles with this.

I had it had earlier on too, it just recently stopped. Tylonal pm helps
And I agree, the pregnancy pillow sucked, I slept better when I switched back to my regular ones too

I wake up to pee between 3 and 5 times a night. Sometimes it takes forever to get back to sleep. I read that if you can't fall back asleep after 15 minutes to go into another room for awhile. Don't watch tv or play on your phone as the light will inhibit melatonin in your brain, and instead create cortisol which causes stress. Can you take a walk before bed? Good luck.

I have had this every night for weeks now, it sucks! My daughter has been waking during the night, usually for a bad dream or some water, so from 2-3am I get woken up then I can't sleep again. I usually fall asleep on the couch at 5:45ish then the alarm goes off at 6 :-(

I did in my second trimester. These days I can't stay awake. But, sleep is one of those pregnancy things that people don't talk about. It has been a struggle the entire time. From not getting comfortable to having to pee and nightmares it's a never ending battle.

It seems miserable! You need to get proper sleep at the time of pregnancy. There are various methods through which you can get sleep. Like:
Start winding down bed with fascinating kind of peaceful ritual.
Make certain your room is having a pleasant temperature for sleeping.
Use pregnancy pillow to get comfort while sleeping.

I had this for a few weeks at the start of second tri and it was horrible (except I wasn't sleeping ALL night for several consecutive nights :wacko:). My GP said it wasn't related to pregnancy but, seeing as I had never had an issue with insomnia and wasn't stressed, attributed it to hormones. I DEFINITELY think this is a hormonal issue and the reason you see so many women on here complaining about it

While I don't have a quick solution I found reading a book on insomnia by a harvard medical doctor gave me my confidence back to sleep and before long I was sleeping like normal. Hopefully it will go away at some point for you too. Nowadays I can't stay awake!

I'm not in second tri yet but I'm going through this now. Wake up each night at 2 and staying awake for 3 hours before I'm finally able to fall back to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->