So gross - gums keep bleeding!

Fit_Mama2Be

Reaction score
Ugh. I know this is “normal” when you’re pregnant, but it is so gross and I don’t want it to get worse – I’m only 9 weeks along!!

Every time I floss at night my gums start to bleed like crazy. I keep toothpicks at work to clean around my teeth after I eat and doing that just now made my gums start bleeding in one spot. :-(

I’m going to call my dentist this weekend to make an appointment for a cleaning even though I’m not even due, but I’m already dreading it due to how much my gums are bound to bleed.

Is anyone else experiencing this (lovely) symptom? :growlmad:

I work at a dentist and see this all the time! I have been trying to be even more careful with taking care of my teeth & gums since finding out I'm pregnant. I've always had good teeth & wouldn't be able to stand having them bleed!!

It is a hormone thing though unfortunately but I'm really hoping this misses me!!

I've had that and didn't even know it was related! My spit this morning was full of blood. I would still get a cleaning though just to help get the junk out. I'm obsessed with my teeth so I feel ya!

It happened to me in my first pregnancy but not yet so far with this one.

Oh and nice to see you both over here MrsHudson and Buffy, we were in wtt together!

It happened to me in my first pregnancy but not yet so far with this one.

Oh and nice to see you both over here MrsHudson and Buffy, we were in wtt together!

I was going to the say the same!!! I'm glad you're both here.

I'm so glad to be here so quickly but I'm scared!

Oh, yes! I'm sorry to report that this symptom hasn't gone away for me yet. Hoping it does, but not feeling too optimistic about the chances. It's gross and makes me paranoid that my teeth are falling out!

Hey choc & mrshudson :wave: I remember you both!

About 4 weeks I think. Not sure on my due date as I ovulated late but it will be first couple of days of September. How about you?

I just woke up with a mout testing off blood and dry blood between my gums, got a bloody nose to. It's gross!

About 4 weeks I think. Not sure on my due date as I ovulated late but it will be first couple of days of September. How about you?

6w3d although scan is on the 5th and will find out for sure then :)

Not long to wait then Buffy!

Spicyorange that is gross, poor you!

What cycle were you on? I love how we're all pregnant at once.
Buffy I've been following you a bit. I'm so happy for you :flower:

What cycle were you on? I love how we're all pregnant at once.
Buffy I've been following you a bit. I'm so happy for you :flower:

First cycle! Can't believe my luck and keep waiting for something to go wrong. I love that we can be bump buddies!

Yay that's awesome! Our first was a bust but second time around did the trick.

That's great! Let's pray for sticky ones!

I was the same with my first :( Miscarried at 5w2d. Feeling different this time but still not getting excited until I see that beating heart..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->