So how do I lanolise?

L

lfernie

Do I hand wash the wool in wool wash first then lanolise? How much lanolin? Does it go in hot water :wacko: Ive run out of lanolised wool and need to do it myslef now x

https://www.clothnappytree.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=7281

just don't use too much lanolin or you'll end up with sticky woolly pants like me :haha:

Im still waiting on my lanolin anyway just thought I should get prepared, how long do they take to dry afterwards? days?

yeah mine are still a bit damp (and sticky !) and i took them out at 7pm last night, they should be ok by tomorrow. shame my bamboozles haven't arrived to use under them !

do you girlies reckon itd be safe to do a short spin on the longies after theyve been lanolised, just to speed up the drying a bit??? its not the spin that felts them is it, its the heat isnt it??

x

I wouldnt...but thats because Id cry a LOT if I broke my woolies....

I've been wondering that because my washer-dryer has a woolmark setting that is apparently woolmark approved even for wool that says it is not machine washable/tumble dryable. Think I might give it a go on the new pair I kept from the skanky usednappies.co.uk woman!!!

i always put my wool in the wash, normally with baby clothes so it comes out still lovely but i put a pair in yesterday with a pair of jeans and some washer balls...silly silly me, they have shrunk a bit and felted :cry: they were my favest ones too, she stil wore them today but i think i might have to sell them :cry: then again, i dont think it'll be long till they will fit my littlest munchkin, they have ribbing around the cuffs and a drawstring so i should be able to keep them on haha

x

moral of the story is, if youre going to do it, dont do it with anything harder than a baby top hahaha

x

do you girlies reckon itd be safe to do a short spin on the longies after theyve been lanolised, just to speed up the drying a bit??? its not the spin that felts them is it, its the heat isnt it??

x

I roll mine in a towel, after lanolizing, and stand on it. That removes most of the wet, and they take about 24 hours.flat on the top of the boiler to dry.

I'm trying to knit anything just now and I can't :cry: think I'll need to visit my gran cos youtubes rubbish for learning to knit x

I gave up on the knitting, it takes too long! (maybe I'm just slow?) :haha:

seriously, you girls should try crochet, i learned it off the internet, its seriously easy to do, and so quick, remember that it took me a few hours to make a soaker, a few days to make a pair of longies like, but thats compared to months ive seen some people take to knit them

x

I only have knitting needles though can u use 1 knitting needle to crochet? X

Yeah, I crochet! Sooooo easy. Learned from that youtube link you posted a while ago Ellie. :thumbup:

its soo soo easy isnt it, i couldnt believe it, i literally became an expert in a day lol, knitting is sooo pants, i hardly never knit now, theres a crochet version of pretty much everything lol

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->