So how do I lanolise?

I use wool wash and lanolin from my old tubes of lansinoh :D

I wash it first with Molly's baby wash in barely warm water, then turn it inside out and leave to soak for 5 mins. Then I squeeze out the water by folding and fill the sink again with barely warm water put the wool in and then I put a pea sized blob of wool wash and a pea sized blob of the lanolin in an "ickle bockle" that I bought for like a pound, fill it with water as hot as the tap goes and shake ridiculous amounts as I'm scared of lanolin blobs.

Theeeen I put the add the mixture slowly then leave the wool for 15 mins. Wrap in a towel and squeeze a few times to remove excess moisture and hang to dry :D

I am now away to see this CNT thread to see what they do and if I'm doing it right/wrong :D No leaks as yet anyway!

LOL, just read it... I really make life difficult for myself eh?

15 mins?? i thought you had to leave it overnight, have been pure putting it off for months cos i couldnt part with my washing up bowl for hours and hours and hours

x

Nope, 10 mins and it's grand! Read it somewhere... hmh. It smells lush! Northern Essence wool wash is really nice.

yeah cept I cant be bothered to stand there and wait...I seem to only remember to do things like that when Im headed to bed LOL

I usually do it when the washing machine is done, so I hang things to dry while they lanolise, maybe make a drink and then hang them up too!

Lol I'm sure I read do it between 10 mins and 8 hours? I leave mine about 6 hours usually. Makes no difference to me.

I wash in wool wash (bought from tescos in a huuuge bottle lol), rinse and then put in lanolin added to water (just random rough amounts) and leave for 6 hours, then roll up in a towel then hang to dry. I get impatient and put them on the radiator on top of something else so they are dry in a couple of hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->