so I went to the doctors..

jalicek11

Reaction score
Hiya,
I had my first appointment with the doctor, at around 4 weeks pregnant. Horribly, I also had some spotting today, its pale brown and mucousy. (Sorry!) This sent me into panic mode as I have also been getting powerful cramps. The doctor said its likely normal, but at the end of the day, he cant do anything. He had a feel of my stomach and says it felt okay, but obviously im just stressing out, so scared ill lose it. i should be able to get a scan in the next few weeks. Anyone else getting spotting and cramps?

Hi there, I have been spotting on and off with pink, bright red and brown blood on the tissue for the last 2 weeks, I have had cramps but not bad, I had a scan yesterday and so far all is well, they couldn't explain the spotting and said it could just be normal for me as some people do just bleed in pregnancy. I hope you are the same and find that everything is ok when you do have a scan I wouldn't try and get a scan too early as that can cause more anxiety, if you aim for 7 weeks that's when you should get a clear answer, unfortunately there isn't anything you can do other than look after yourself and wait it out, the wait is agonising but just try and keep distracted and the time will pass :hugs:

I'm 3 weeks 5 days and had some pink tinged spotting on the tissue yesterday with FMU. Haven't had anything since but it scared me something horrible. I've had some light cramping too. Everyone says it's normal though...my doctor won't even see me for another 2 and a half weeks so I'm just going to try and remain calm and take of myself. You try to do the same and I bet we'll do great. :) :hugs:

I bled on and off throught my first pregnancy the first bleeding I had was actually implantation bleeding which is fairly common and the next reason for bleeding up until the end of my second tri was because of how sensitive some women can get down below when pregnant and things like sex can cause some bleeding. I can't say I had any more cramping then what I was already having because of being pregnant if that makes sense? If I where you I would try not worry yourself sick over it because (I never knew this before) but some bleeding especially at the start can be fairly common and normal, hope everything goes well :flower:

I had spotting last pregnancy and this one xx it's just normal for some people so don't worry xx

its ok when i was 5 weeks i had tan spotting. the first time it was because my uterus was growing and the second time was caused by sexual activity. i wouldnt worry at all unless it was a heavy amount of bleeding with bad cramps. i didnt have cramps when i spotted though.

my mum told me she had some bad spotting with me, and im a charming 23 year old ;)

I have some real bad cramps (feels like af) with no spotting though. Just a ton of CM (I know, gross) but the cramps have been so bad at points I wondered if AF was gonna show. Im 8 weeks tomorrow, and its all still happy in there :) don't worry <3

Spotting with mucous sounds like implantation bleeding, which at 4 weeks would be the right time for it too. I had it with ds1.

I purposely havent been having sex with my husband since finding out I was pregnant (I dont feel like it!) The spotting has still been going on and off, half the time its just clear though. Still trying to arrange my scan for the next few weeks but the midwives wont answer! Genuinely rung them bout 15 times in an hour and a half, haha.

Spotting with mucous sounds like implantation bleeding, which at 4 weeks would be the right time for it too. I had it with ds1.

Why does it take that long? On the nhs website it says 6 to 12 days after ovulation, but I hadnt spotted before, its obviously old blood as its brown, maybe its just taken that long to come down..

Mind that pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last period, so ~14 days before ovulation, add the 6-12 days from the NHS website and you get to about 4 weeks :) it's most likely just implantation. Try not to worry too much.

Mind that pregnancy is counted from the first day of your last period, so ~14 days before ovulation, add the 6-12 days from the NHS website and you get to about 4 weeks :) it's most likely just implantation. Try not to worry too much.

Ohh, ive been counting it from ovulation! So really I would be six weeks? My last period began on tge 1st of september.

How funny! I got through to the midwives this afternoon, and they asked about everything, then booked me in for a scan and another test for tomorrow! So it was pretty surprising, exciting though. They acted like everything is normal though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->