So I'm sitting here waiting for midwife...

hastbury

Mam to a Welsh Wolfcub x
Reaction score
...for my 36 week homebirth appointment/visit - we booked it for 9.30AM (her suggestion of date and time), she said there's a small chance it might be as late as 10 AM as she is finishing a shift...obviously that time has well passed!

I feel rather stupid as I've been spending so much time thinking about what to ask her when she's here that I failed to ask at the time what I should do if she doesn't turn up - I only have the generic no's and don't find them terribly helpful at the best of times (all feeding into my homebirth choice obviously!)

Any thoughts? OH has given up and gone to the supermarket as we have his parents coming later and didn't want to leave it too late to get things - I understand that something unforeseen may have occurred but I know she took down my mobile so really would appreciate some sort of communication at this point!

Just feeling a bit silly/frustrated/wired as I had built up excitement of this being our 'signing off' and then we could really settle in and get ready for our homebirth....

I was 'stood up' by my midwives twice! They had to go attend a birth at the last minute and didn't have a chance to call. I was a bit annoyed at them not calling at the time, but looking back I understood...I would've been a tad annoyed had they started making phonecalls to other patients when I was in labour! Could that be why she hasn't called? If it's really messing around with your day maybe just ring the hospital and hopefully they can pass on a message to her? Both times it happened to me they rang me the following day to re-arrange :)

Thanks for that, I'm sure that's the case and now I'm the other end of the day I can totally see that if it was me they needed to attend to and stay with I'd be glad of their dedication!

I'm going to ring in the morning and hopefully all will be fine.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->