So I've resorted to....

Laylagirl

Reaction score
Staying pregnant forever... Lol

Don't think this little guy will come out on his own... I was not active at all this pregnancy and I think that has A LOT to do with it. I was in a lot of pain and couldn't walk or get out to do much during the last nine months. So I'm thinking my lazy body just doesn't even know it's carrying a baby, let alone when to deliver... I'm trying to stay positive, but the fear that he's getting bigger and bigger have me really concerned... Bleh....

I'd hate to say hang in there because it sucks. Horribly. I remember being late and miserable with DD. It was summer and I was just done. But baby has a mind of his or her own and will come!

I kept reading all these articles on signs and symptoms for delivery. Nada. She had her own schedule. I remember with DS I refused to let it happen again. But it did! And he came right around his Due date.

Pretty sure I had a lot of sex too. :-o

I was 10 days overdue with DD...I had to be induced after nine days..I almost feel like this little guy is going to have to be induced as well with my luck...I know how you feel!!!

Here with you! Keep thinking and hoping she's coming but nope

Ha I was thinking the exact same yesterday... "Well, looks like I'm gonna be pregnant forever!". Especially after my midwife told me that they wouldn't induce me until 41 +5!!!

I went a bit mad with my daughter. She was born bang on 42 weeks in the end with no intervention. I went in for induction and I was 5cm dilated. Last minute isn't the word.....

I know how that feels...I was so depressed. I had severe pelvic girdle pains and struggled to walk. When I forced myself I just had endless bh that did nothing to my cervix lol. Does your ob or midwife do sweeps? They did nothing for me but if you're ready to go they'll give you that final push.

I know how that feels...I was so depressed. I had severe pelvic girdle pains and struggled to walk. When I forced myself I just had endless bh that did nothing to my cervix lol. Does your ob or midwife do sweeps? They did nothing for me but if you're ready to go they'll give you that final push.

I had an appointment on monday and my OB offered me a sweep but I chickened out...... Ive never had one and heard they are painful and she also said I was a little over 2 cm, but even that was painful.... :dohh:

Definitely get yourself in for a stretch and sweep! It is a little uncomfortable and I got a period like pain whilst she was doing it, but that's nothing compared to what's to come. Plus if you're really fed up May speed process up. I had one with DD2 at 40+2 and it worked wonders she was born following morning early hours. Good luck.

Definitely get yourself in for a stretch and sweep! It is a little uncomfortable and I got a period like pain whilst she was doing it, but that's nothing compared to what's to come. Plus if you're really fed up May speed process up. I had one with DD2 at 40+2 and it worked wonders she was born following morning early hours. Good luck.

Can I ask what your cervix was like at your successful sweep? Were you dilated/effaced at all? I have had 2 attempted sweeps, last one being Monday and the dr couldn't do it because cervix was too posterior. Midwife is going to try again tomorrow but I don't know whether to even bother xx

Can I ask what your cervix was like at your successful sweep? Were you dilated/effaced at all? I have had 2 attempted sweeps, last one being Monday and the dr couldn't do it because cervix was too posterior. Midwife is going to try again tomorrow but I don't know whether to even bother xx

It's always worth a try I think. I was 2cm she could stretch me to 3cm. She said baby's head was really low. Don't know if I was effaced or not? This is me going back nearly 3 years now but I remember when she pulled her hand out she pulled my entire plug! Was gross. Bounce on a ball or go for a walk before to get baby nice and low that night encourage cervix to move towards front? Good luck hope it works for you.

It's always worth a try I think. I was 2cm she could stretch me to 3cm. She said baby's head was really low. Don't know if I was effaced or not? This is me going back nearly 3 years now but I remember when she pulled her hand out she pulled my entire plug! Was gross. Bounce on a ball or go for a walk before to get baby nice and low that night encourage cervix to move towards front? Good luck hope it works for you.

Thanks, will definitely try tonight xx

I had an appointment on monday and my OB offered me a sweep but I chickened out...... Ive never had one and heard they are painful and she also said I was a little over 2 cm, but even that was painful.... :dohh:

I don't blame you on chickening out. I'm pretty sure the doctor gave me a sweep the day before I went into labor and it was quite painful. Though internal checks (even pap smears) are quite painful for me.

But it seems if you were to get one, your cervix would be favorable for one.

Sending labor vibes your way :) and hope he makes an appearance on his on and soon!

I don't think being active has much to do with it! I had to walk my dogs three times a day everyday for my entire pregnancy, literally up to the day I checked into the hospital and I was 8 days late!

Hope he comes soon! But sometimes they have a schedule of their own to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->