So many questions and lots of concerns :(

Hey Hun,

Not sure i'll be of any help! - Just wanted to let you know that i'm not that much bigger than you - i only weight just under 7 stone. (my height is 5'2)

When i was having chemo etc i lost a lot of weight and ended up being way under 6 stone - they had to put me on steroids to try and build me up again ( i have a lot of trouble putting on weight) I did ask the doctors if my weight would be a concern when ttc again they said that if i could get up to nearer 7 stone than that would be a healthy weight.

I now take lots of build up shakes with milk which seem to be doing the trick as i've nearly put a stone on.

Hope everything turns out ok for you hun

Sarah x

Hey Sarah, I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean by stone....can you explain what that means? You had to go through Chemo? If you don't mind me asking.....why did you have to go through chemo..cancer? Do you take Ensure Plus and stuff like that? That stuff is just just so hard for me to drink and it never seems to work. I am on a MAGiCAL pill called Zyprexa...some ppl are put on it for mood and so on but my doc put me on it bc ppl were complaining that they were gaining lots of weight so he was like hmm...lets try it on me! Sooo I was on it for years and I actually got up to 110 when I was on it! So I can't wait to gain the weight back. I hate looking in the mirror and see a skeletoon (thats how I see myself)...but anyway tell me what your build up shakes are!!!:happydance: Thanks for your help bc it did help A LOT!:thumbup:

Hi Ashes, you can take your temperature every morning when you wake up and monitor the changes over your cycle as it can pinpoint when you ovulate. Have a look at fertility friend https://www.fertilityfriend.com/

Hey Hun,

Not sure i'll be of any help! - Just wanted to let you know that i'm not that much bigger than you - i only weight just under 7 stone. (my height is 5'2)

When i was having chemo etc i lost a lot of weight and ended up being way under 6 stone - they had to put me on steroids to try and build me up again ( i have a lot of trouble putting on weight) I did ask the doctors if my weight would be a concern when ttc again they said that if i could get up to nearer 7 stone than that would be a healthy weight.

I now take lots of build up shakes with milk which seem to be doing the trick as i've nearly put a stone on.

Sarah x

Hey Sarah, I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean by stone....can you explain what that means? You had to go through Chemo? If you don't mind me asking.....why did you have to go through chemo..cancer? Do you take Ensure Plus and stuff like that? That stuff is just just so hard for me to drink and it never seems to work. I am on a MAGiCAL pill called Zyprexa...some ppl are put on it for mood and so on but my doc put me on it bc ppl were complaining that they were gaining lots of weight so he was like hmm...lets try it on me! Sooo I was on it for years and I actually got up to 110 when I was on it! So I can't wait to gain the weight back. I hate looking in the mirror and see a skeletoon (thats how I see myself)...but anyway tell me what your build up shakes are!!!:happydance: Thanks for your help bc it did help A LOT!:thumbup:

Hi Ashes,

I had to have chemo as a result of a molar pregnancy - usually you don't need to go on to have chemo but the remains had spend to the uterus . My doctor did put me on Ensure but that stuff was disgusting and like you had trouble drinking it. I get shakes called Complan, my local supermarket sells them and i find they really handy.

7 stone = 98lbs Thats what i weighted beforehand - i'm now 112lbs and i really do believe that the build up shakes work

x

Hey Hun,

Sarah x

Hi Ashes,

I had to have chemo as a result of a molar pregnancy - usually you don't need to go on to have chemo but the remains had spend to the uterus . My doctor did put me on Ensure but that stuff was disgusting and like you had trouble drinking it. I get shakes called Complan, my local supermarket sells them and i find they really handy.

7 stone = 98lbs Thats what i weighted beforehand - i'm now 112lbs and i really do believe that the build up shakes work

x

Can you make a "stone chart" for me and what each one means and stands for cause im still confused lol. Whats a molar pregnancy? Now these complan drinks..do they have milk in htem cause im lactose and get sick. Ya ensure EWWW:nope: I'm just patiently waiting on my new pill that I just got back on to take affect cause it helps me gain weight big time!!!:happydance:

There are 14 pounds in one stone. For example: 10 stone=140 pounds.
Have you thought about acupuncture to help with your insomnia? I have insomnia and it is the only thing that helps me sleep (even ambien doesn't work for me). Also, an acupuncturist could help you with pain management in labor if you were to use no meds. I also recommend charting once you come off of the pill for a few months before you ttc.

There are 14 pounds in one stone. For example: 10 stone=140 pounds.
Have you thought about acupuncture to help with your insomnia? I have insomnia and it is the only thing that helps me sleep (even ambien doesn't work for me). Also, an acupuncturist could help you with pain management in labor if you were to use no meds. I also recommend charting once you come off of the pill for a few months before you ttc.

Hiya hun! Ok the stone thing maes A LOT of sense now, Thank you!!! lol Oh geez acupuncture....well where do they stick the needles in you for your insomnia? Ohmy ambien never worked for me either...I've been on them all and I'm on Serqueol or however you spell it....my mom takes 25 mg of it and it knocks her out...I am on 300mgs and it barely does anything for me...pretty crazy huh? Its a strong drug and strong drugs usually don't affect me. Can you tell me what you mean by charting and such after I get off the pill?! :dohh: I have no clue what charting or taking my temp means...

Well thanks for your advice!!! Hope to hear from you soon!:hugs:

With acupuncture, they come up with a custom treatment for you based on you bodies constitution. So the needles can be placed in many different areas of the body to help with different ailments. For me, they used points in my back, the back of my neck, arms and legs. Ear needles are also very effective and are very little.
As far as charting goes, it is a way to determine ovulation based on you basal body temperature (bbt). First, you need to buy a basal body thermometer which you can get at any store next to where they sell home pregnancy tests. It should say "basal body thermometer" on it. Next, sign up on "fertilityfriend.com". This site is where you will record your symptoms and temp daily. To take your temp, make sure you take it at the same time each morning (I think that 30 minutes off is the most you can go either way, but aim for the same time). Second, take your temp before you get out of bed. Alarm clock goes off, take temp and then get up (or go back to sleep depending on the day O:) Third, chart you temp and symptoms for the day on fertility friend (ff). It will show you what the hormones are doing in your body as the days go by. So basically, you should be a bit low when you are on you period and before ovulation. You may dip lower on the day of ovulation and then will spike about a degree after ovulation. FF helps you figure out when you ovulate, how long your luteal phase is and how long you average cycle is. It is a great way to help determine when or if you have ovulated that month. Especially if you have irregular cycles.
Good luck!! If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.:hugs:
Oh, and acupuncture really doesn't hurt at all. It's actually really relaxing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->