SO much colostrum.. Question?

kaylamariee

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
Since about 24 weeks I've been getting some colostrum, mostly when I'm warm or hot (get out of the shower or when I'm sleeping)..
But the past week has been ridiculous! Have to use OH's old shirts cause I don't like wearing a bra to bed..
Yesterday I fell asleep topless and woke up with big spots on the sheet, it even streaked down my side LOL.. Not doing that again obviously !
Does anyone have any ideas of being comfortable and controlling this leakage?
Does this mean ill have a good milk supply for baby?
Thanks x

For some reason I only leak when I'm not wearing a bra - usually in bed. Perhaps try wearing a bra in bed- does the job for me x

The same thing happened to me this week. Woke up to a drenched tank on one side. Only one boobie leaked lol. I must have put pressure on it in my sleep. No suggestions, just sympathy! I remember seeing a 'sleep bra' at the store, I think I might need to try it, I tried sleeping in my very comfy maternity/nursing bra and it was more comfy than nothing or just a shirt.

This is how life goes once baby is born, for about 6 months. Wear a tank top with a shelf in it to hold nursing pads or a nursing bra. I have also seen these lily pad nursing pads that adhere to the nipples, never used them though

I've been leaking since about 16 weeks, and it's gotten worse and worse. By about 20 weeks I had to start wearing a bra 24/7 with breast pads. Luckily I had already purchased reusable ones so I've been using those. But I would literally wake up in a puddle! Every once in a while I squeeze them just to see if there's still a ton of colostrum, and there is A LOT!!! Two days ago I discovered that I can now SHOOT colostrum if I squeeze my boobs/nipples. Yeah. So it'll be interesting to see what happens when my milk comes in.

Just sleep with a bra and use nursing pads. With my first baby, I had to do that for months. They seem to have came under better control with my second and third, As I breastfeed yet haven't leaked in years :)

have been the same. I use breastpads and towels in bed. I will also start expressing next week as I was advised to do this by my doc and hope that will help! you shouldn't express before you are 37 weeks though! xx

I think your choices are limited to wearing a nursing vest top or bra and breast pads, or lying on a towel to protect your sheets. Hopefully it is a sign that you'll have a good supply once your milk comes in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->