So much fun with my ovulation microscope!

Lyra

NTNP #1
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, I had no idea what a great buy this thing is! Of course I can't pee on it, so it takes that fun away, but there is so much you can do with it!

To start, obviously you can examine your saliva every day to see if it forms the pattern which indicates ovulation :)

Secondly, you can look at other bodily fluids under it...for example cervical mucus has the same ferning properties as saliva - although I can see why they market it as a saliva microscope rather than a CM one as I doubt most women would be quite that curious!

Thirdly...sperm! Wow! OH and I were looking at it for ages! It's absolutely amazing - they are quite hard to see but once you know what you're looking for you can see tens of thousands on the lens, all wriggling away!! Could even see the ones which were malformed, saw 3 or 4 with two heads and while most went in straight lines a few went round and round in circles. It was really, really interesting! Also OH was quite pleased to see he had a healthy looking number of little swimmers in there :happydance:

I really, really recommend one of these. For the price of one month's supply of OPKS I am having so much fun, lol!

got one of these too! love it! lol. Is your a fertile-focus one? got myne from amazon. I have seen the little swimmers once! looked a few times, not sure how much to apply and how long to wait until looking? couldnt see close enough to tell how many heads and their mobility though just noticed few teeny specks moving! was pretty 'wow' moment!

hahaha!!

gosh i was having fun just looking at the saliva!! i didnt even think about anything else!

gotta try that out! hehe

Oh my Gosh!! That sounds like so much fun! I just told DH about your post. I can't believe you saw the sperm!! That is amazing. I can't imagine what one must look like with 2-3 heads!! I wish you could capture it on film!! LOL

OH MAN!!!! I totally need to try this!! DH would be all on board for looking at stuff under a microscope!!

I am definitely going to be getting one of these next month. I can't wait to use it and yes I will be checking my husband's sperm too! :)

So now I am totally curious. I might have to get one. LOL

I just ordered one the other day. Can't wait to look at DH's sperm! How cool.

I'm going to have to get one now!!!!!!

lol! I love how we're all so excited to view OH's sperm rather than our saliva...some people must think we're sooo crazy :haha:

I am *currently* taking the more "relaxed" approach so don't use OPK's, but I would *love* to try this microscope. It sounds extremely interesting to take matters into your own hands by inspecting the changes of your bodily fluids :haha:

Thank you for sharing!! And PS - what a beautiful bride you are!

It does sound a bit odd doesnt it but so interesting! lol. I saw 2 bump into eachother then swim the other way! lol was half cute! lol

Haha i just told my bf about it, he was like get one!! haha gotta try this xx

Iv just bought the fertile focas one! this place is going to bankrupt me before long!!! x

I have one but it didnt help us concieve. i thought of trying the sperm thing but didnt think it would be able to pick them up. i am off sex right now but may have to try it some time in the future

This is so cool! I want! Can you please tell us where you got yours from/brand, thanks!

LOL told DH about this yesterday and he laughed, then said I was nuts but still thought it would be cool. I think I may have him convinced we need to look when he is home ;)

cherry22- that is the one i'v got too.

fertile focus-brought it on amazon, think it was just under £20 including delivery. They are designed to last a couple of years, so much cheaper than ovulation tests, am using this instead :)
:dust:

hmmm, this might satisfy my husbands curiosity, as I work in a lab he is always on at me to look at his sperm! I have told him I no idea what im looking for in sperm and how to count them and I am convinced someone would catch me doing it!!! i could get him this and he might stop trying to get me fired!

As i am not into the ovulation tests and BBT I would love to have one...I think it would be sooooo fun....so getting one!!!! I love this site...get to find out about such cool things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->