so nervous about birth

babybooties

mammy to 2 little boys
Reaction score
im scared to death even tho i have had a baby before

I had my last at 17 years old he was 7lb 4 im 22 now birth wasnt that long but the pain was so bad when pushing him out and after wards i was still in alot of pain and bleeding very heavily

im scared my baby may now be bigger and the pain will be even worse with him being my 2nd so even more scared then i was b4 having my last

anyone else feel this way

this is my first baby so i dont have any experience, ive read an listened to alot of stories though,
im not worried, lets face it, we all know its going to hurt but theres no way of stopping it, you gotta get your baby out, just work through the pain you know you'll have your baby at the end of it and a few hours of pain is nothing to the years you will have with your baby :) good luck hon xxx

This is my first too, so I can't speak from experience, but what I can say is that you have already done it once and you made it through! It might've been tough and more pain than I can imagine right now, but you did it. You were strong enough to get through it and now you've got a precious child to show for it. Give yourself plenty of credit for that hun!

And don't forget you were 17 the first time around, so you deserve even more credit. I don't know how old you are now but at 17 you were practically a child yourself. You must have been REALLY scared, and that fear will have made the pain feel worse. You're older now, even if only slightly, so you're going to be much better prepared both physically and mentally to deal with this. If you can stay relatively calm I'm sure you'll cope a million times better than you did before.

Best of luck hun, I reckon you'll surprise yourself by being absolutely fine x

I'm scared too. It's my 1st. I want a home waterbirth and only gas and air! I'm terrible with pain so don't know how i'll cope.x

Hi there, this is my second too, my first was my DD who is almost 16. I am really scared about giving birth again, my first was relatively straightforward - I had pethidine and gas and air but needed an episiotomy as my DD was so big - 9 pound 10!! I am really trying not to think about the birth too much - burying my head in the sand some might say but that is the only way I can be at the moment!!

Shit girl, this is my 1st birth .. I'm scared to freaking death at the prospect of pushing a baby out my hoo hoo! I don't think you're alone in this thinking. You've done it once tho, you're gonna be totally fine. :) :hug:

Hi there, this is my second too, my first was my DD who is almost 16. I am really scared about giving birth again, my first was relatively straightforward - I had pethidine and gas and air but needed an episiotomy as my DD was so big - 9 pound 10!! I am really trying not to think about the birth too much - burying my head in the sand some might say but that is the only way I can be at the moment!!

Freaking OUCH. This prospect scares me more than the birth lol. It makes my hoo hoo crawl up to my throat even thinking about it :( I dunno, I've always had this fear of them cutting me down there. I'm hoping sitting in the tub at the time of Birth will help that situation.

Why not have an Epidural?

You wouldnt have a majoy operation just on gas and air!

I know there is so much contraversy over Epidurals, but if it going to distress you less then id do it!!

x

Ah but you dont see it!! and you have a local first so it doesnt hurt. I had an epi with my first cause I got really scared about the birth and I dont regret it for a second.

Thing is about an epidural is it can cause a really bad migraine afterward. I can give my self one of those quite well with out the help of that!

i'd recommend an epidural too i was terrified of having one with my first but it was brilliant it doesnt hurt having it at all and as it turned out for me it worked out well as i had to have an emergency c-section and was ready to go..... i'd have one again they're well worth it.

And i never had a migraine after having it they told me its rare to have any side effects

Yeah, I admire anyone who wants to do this naturally, but give me an epidural, any day of the week. My BF had her daughter and I was with her. She had one and after the baby was born her hair still looked good and she still had a full face of makeup. She barely even broke a sweat. I thought "ok, I can do this". You shouldn't see the needle, anyway, so that part doesn't scare me much. The potential cutting that might have to happen down there, now that scares me a little for how it feels when epidural wears off:)
And I never heard they can give you a migrane, but I would guess they can give you something to help with that afterward, since the baby will be out by then.

dj thats the kind of birth i want, my hair and make up done. so i d look good at least.
epidural s the best thing on earth, but as u said the cutting afterwards that s another story. but i think they give u something for that pain

It's my first and I'm PETRIFIED!!!
I can't bear to think about it and totally freak out when I do, so i totally know what you're going through.
I'm pretty focused on having an epidural though, even though I've heard it can make it all take longer etc... I don't care, i HATE pain, I'm a big baby wuss and so want all the pain relief I can get.
I think it's normaly for some people to freak out so don't worry, you're not alone hun!

Hey, have you thought about hypnobirthing? it works on the principle that fear=tension=pain, if you're frightened your muscles tense up making it really uncomfortable. I just started a course that teaches you to work with your body to make it a safe, comfortable experience by reaching an almost hypnotic state. The premise being you are relaxed then you'll have a more relaxed birth and relaxed baby afterwards. Have a look on the net for more info possibly look into getting a book or sometime? the book comes with a relaxation CD that helps you in pregnancy, like sleeping etc so its definately beneficial. Plus another way you can look at it is this is your second baby so everything in there is stretched so hopefully be a shorter labour! Best of luck hon, try not to worry yourself x

I totally understand what you are saying. I am surprisingly more scared about this birth than the first one. I don't know what it is - maybe a bit of knowledge, or the fact that I already have a son I don't want to leave? However, my family has a history of very big babies (Theo was 10lb 14oz) and if I am prepared to go through labour again, it can't be that bad! Plus they also say that the second labour is so much easier. I am sure we will be fine and forget about everything once the baby is born. :)

wanted as much as a natural bnirth this time round as the petherdine i had last time caused my baby to be born not breathing as it made him tooo sleepy

not that it worked it was rubbish so this time so i can bond with my baby was thinking of using the birthing pool and then getting out and giving birth on the bed nothing i can do about the pushing bit hurting tho

but deffo dont want to opt for a epidural

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->