So over this bum pain!

Skywalker

Reaction score
I delivered my son on the 7th of May, nearly 3 months ago. The perineum pain has gotten better and almost entirely vanished, and I had two post-delivery appointments with my midwife, one for the 6 week check-up and another a few weeks later when I was concerned that I was still having pain and wanted to be checked. The doctor literally said that if he didn't know I had a baby, he wouldn't have been able to tell during the pelvic exam he gave me. He also said he couldn't find any reason for my continued pain. It's driving me NUTS. I'm breastfeeding and since my son is just a week away from 3 months it's about every 2-3 hours that he needs to eat and we go 20 minutes a side so every 2-3 hours I'm sitting for 40 minutes and my, um, rectum, (sorry) REALLY hurts after a while. It coincides with when I have a bm. I do take the colace they recommended, I drink prune juice and eat prunes, drink plenty of water, etc. I used to take daily sitz baths with epsom salt but I just don't have the time to do that as I'm raising this baby all by myself and it gets crazy. I don't remember to take the colace every single day but the bowel movements I have shouldn't be causing as much pain as they are as they're not really hard. But literally when I have a bowel movement I have to hold on to the walls and I'm wincing from the pain and then I'm just in pain basically every day. The doctor said no way would I have ripped annally internally and there are no visible hemeroids and left it at that, didn't even give me a pain relieving cream. I'm just wondering if anyone else had anything like this and if so what did you do to help it? Did it ever go away? I'm f-ing miserable, especially when you consider my recurrent clogged ducts and the general weight of the world on my shoulders thing, etc. :( So tired and so tired of being in pain. TIA

Could they be internal hemerroids? Do you bleed when you have a BM? They can definitely be painful when sitting for long periods of time. Do you have a donut pillow to sit on?

I'm 3 months post as well not having the rectum pain but omg I have terrible vagina muscle and perineum pain. It feels like something is in there. I know exactly how you feel! I have physio next week hopefully this goes away soon

Kel, I had really terrible pain too and my doctor prescribed me estrogen cream. She said sometimes after you have a baby, you have a lack of estrogen and it can cause serious irritation. Mine feels like it's on fire any time anything touches it (even soap in the shower). I've heard of other women saying it felt like stabbing pain but apparently this stuff works really well (I just got it so I am not sure yet).

After I have birth I felt like someone was stabbing me in the butt for about a month. I called them 'lightning pains' and they would stop me dead in my tracks....I had back labour and my butt hurt the most during pushing until the ring of fire.

It was horrible but they do go away.....:hugs:

I get really bad pain in my bum too, as if I have sat down for too long in the same position, is this the kind of pain you get? I also have an anal fissure which opens up every time I have a BM, it feels like I am trying to pass cut glass every time I do a BM no matter how soft it is because just "going" makes the fissure open up and bleed again, is it something like that? If so I got an ointment from my doctor that helps it heal, sadly it gives me headaches but I'd rather have the headaches and get it healed than feel like that every time I go to the loo!!

As for the aching bum I have no idea though, I just tend to put a hot water bottle under my bum for a while each day to soothe it. I'm guessing it's from all the strain and stress of labour and just hope it will improve eventually!

I get really bad pain in my bum too, as if I have sat down for too long in the same position, is this the kind of pain you get? I also have an anal fissure which opens up every time I have a BM, it feels like I am trying to pass cut glass every time I do a BM no matter how soft it is because just "going" makes the fissure open up and bleed again, is it something like that? If so I got an ointment from my doctor that helps it heal, sadly it gives me headaches but I'd rather have the headaches and get it healed than feel like that every time I go to the loo!!

As for the aching bum I have no idea though, I just tend to put a hot water bottle under my bum for a while each day to soothe it. I'm guessing it's from all the strain and stress of labour and just hope it will improve eventually!

This is exactly how I feel! I don't know why my midwives won't consider the possibility of anal fissure. I brought it up to them because from what I can tell I have classic anal fissure symptoms and everything you just described is exactly what I go through - every time I have a bm feels like I'm trying to pass glass/am ripping open, etc. So much pain! I'm so sick of it! It's been months! I'm going to just persist and tell them it's not getting better and see if I can get that ointment. What type of ointment is it? Thanks for your response!

Its called glyceryl trinitate. It worked really well for me last time after I had my dd, so far its too early to tell this time but it does seem to be giving me headaches this time which is a common side effect. I asked the doctor for this specifically and he said they dont usually prescribe it as a first attempt to help anymore coz of the headaches but he let me have it coz I asked for it.
If you feel the same way I do I would say its an anal fissure. For me no matter how soft the BMs are it still hurts coz just muscles of my bum opening causes it to hurt (sorry tmi!!) so stool softeners are no help.

I've been googling other ways to help and apparently using a bit of coconut oil to help moisturise can help it heal (coconut oil is also a great moisturiser for baby too, I got some for my ds lol). And taking warm baths once or twice a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->