So paranoid about cot death?

S

Serene123

I'm actually letting it drive me mad. I know they say to learn how to prevent it as much as possible and then try not to worry about it but I just don't want it to happen. I'm really scared of it. I guess everyone is.

:hugs:

Just always lay her on her back at night, if you lay her on her sides or stomach keep an eye on her. I also have those blocks I put each sides of Josh so he doesn't move.

Awww!!! When Josh wakes up in the morning I feed him then lay him in bed with me and we sleep in until 10ish! He LOVES it.

Though my friend's daughter is 7 and still sleep in bed with them :dohh:

I can't help sleeping with her because her breathing is so dodgey still. Stuffy nose and sore throat! I hate it.

:hugs:
what your doing is ok Toria x
and what your feeling is completley natural, i dont think i slept for more than 20mins at a time for the first 2.5 months after Rhiannon was born for the fear she would stop breathing and i wouldnt know..
and when she is snuffly i keep in her bed asleep on me too and she is 5months :) XXX

I feel the same hun but apart from trying your best to prevent it theres not an awful lot you can do. I usually bring Seth in with us when he wakes at about 6 and I usually fall asleep but Im trying to stop it. I know its naughty. But he has a stuffy nose too and I feel so paranoid about him being on the other side of the room. :(

xxx

i was terrified and i still am worried about it and brendan is 20 months old lol! i think its a fear that every mum has try not to worry, it is hard when they have bad breathing i know, brendan was born with lots of mucus on his chest and he snuffled loads and mucus would come down his nose and mouth and it was a real worry.

I bought one of these:
https://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/74/00/33/00/0074003300121_215X215.jpg
It's the only reason I am able to sleep at night.
It's a BebeSounds AngelCare Movement Sensor. It sends an alarm off if they dont move for 20 seconds. It also has a ticker on it (for the more paranoid.. I guess) that ticks every time they move (you can turn it off though if it gets annoying.. lol).
It's like $89, but I got mine on ebay for only $36.

For the first couple of weeks. Im gonna be begging OH to let me have baby in the bed with us. Then after that I will put baby in the cot. But I will get one of those things so it feels like he/she is next to something and so they cant move. I get scared about this all the time and my baby isnt even here yet, im a natural born worrier.

I still check whether my 15 yr old is breathing by feeling her nose for breath if I can't tell so I guess it doesn't go away:rofl::blush:

I worry about that everyday and I think its fairly natural though, I don't sleep with Jasmine in our bed though as I think its bad, I wouldn't judge anyone else doing it though.

I read having a dummy at night helps prevent the risk of cot death. What's all that about??

I am terrified too. i always check on Oscar. He snors though, so most of the time I am reassured. If he is breathing quiet I get up and rest my hand on him to feel him breathe.

I bought one of these:
https://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/74/00/33/00/0074003300121_215X215.jpg
It's the only reason I am able to sleep at night.
It's a BebeSounds AngelCare Movement Sensor. It sends an alarm off if they dont move for 20 seconds. It also has a ticker on it (for the more paranoid.. I guess) that ticks every time they move (you can turn it off though if it gets annoying.. lol).
It's like $89, but I got mine on ebay for only $36.
Its about £89 (british pound) too - I have one and highly recommend it to anyone paranoid about cot death!

x

I read having a dummy at night helps prevent the risk of cot death. What's all that about??
Take a look:
https://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article755572.ece

:D

It took me about 7 weeks until I put Connor in his crib (which we set up in our room). I just stopped sleeping with Connor on my chest last week only because now he wants to eat when he is up there but he does sleep on the other side of the bed as me when Ty leaves for work. I also have mesh bumpers that I put on his sides so that he can't roll over. I still sometimes will jump up out of bed and check his breathing, especially when I notice he has been asleep for 5 hours.

i worry about this every day thinking about it just makes me wanna cry its such a awfull thing to happen , i hate worrying about it :hissy: xxx

Its an awful thing, I lost my little cousin to it. She was such a beautiful little thing.

:( It's such a horrible thing. I really wish there was a garenteed way of preventing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->