So paranoid about cot death?

when my little brother was born i used to poke him cos i was so scared...!! I dread what i will be like when my own baby is born!

lol I still poked caitlin when she had her monitor on :dohh:

:( I have always been very paranoid about this through all my kids, I have to have a light on in the room for 6-8 months after their born :( I only though I was bad until Joe (whos 2) stopped breathing on us :cry: We had him only out of neonatal 2 days.

I dont want to scare you because Joe had major problems and I think we actually found 3 different reasons for him doing this which were linked to his anaemia, his prematurity and his severe gastric reflux.

He had to wear an apnea monitor until he was 10 months old and I was scared constantly because it alarmed alot.

When I had Katie I was offered one as they knew I would be even more scared but I said no, and its only now that I'm getting abit more relaxed.

It is so rare hun to happen and so long as you are following all the safety guidelines then I'm sure she'll be fine, but I 100% know where you're coming from :hugs:

Last night was awful, Seth has a cold and he was coughing and spluttering on all night. I wouldn't let myself sleep. I was so worried about him. Being a mum is great, but I hate feeling so worried all the time!

xxx

im the same with summer if i havnt heard her in like a few mins im up and pokin her. it was awful the other day we took a walk to the shops and went into a real deep sleep when we got there she looked so still so i gave her a poke and she didnt respond at all so i like grabbed her and she shot awake :blush: but i had never felt panic like it, god knows what the people in the shop thought lol! :rofl:

I feel the same way. It drives me nuts, but it is just the worst thing to think about. I am still sleeping with Bren beside me because I am too afraid to put him in his cradle at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->