So random... coats and shoes

DCS

Reaction score
I know this is slightly strange but can anyone share with me how they have their coats and shoes.
Iv had a look on pintrest on ways to organise them but all the pics i can see are of fancy homes. Our house isnt fancy its just a normal 2 bed semi.

As you walk through the front door you see the stairs in front of you, to your left is the livingroom door, next to the stairs is the kitchen door and to your right is the downstairs loo. On the same wall as the front door there are a few coat hooks, and iv managed to get a shoe rack on the floor.

Im so sick of everything falling to the floor. So can anyone inspire me. Im pregnant right now and i cant get through the bathroom door atm without kicking a bunch of voats/shoes and bags.

Sounds like you might need to put some stuff away and only have one coat per family member by the door? If there's space you could have a low down coat hook for the kids and high up one for adults - but guess this might not be possible if shoe rack is in the way?

And a shelf above the coat hook could hold bags, or a basket for all hats and umbrellas etc. Or more shoe space.

We have https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40152633/#/20152634 this for coats (you put hangers on the bars so you can get plenty on, hooks at the back for keys and my bag and lo's jackets. Hats, scarves and other stuff goes on top. There's a matching shoe rack which with some flat shoes under prob houses about 15 pairs in total! https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10152639/

There is way too much down here. Iv just gathered all DSs coats/ jackets and hoodies and found 14. I brought them all down because he was wearing the same few and the others were getting unworn. That doesnt even include the ones i have in the bedroom. I didnt actually buy mist of them, the grandmas wont stop buying.
Do like the idea of a shelf above the hooks, will get OH to clear that with the landlord.
Thanks.

I would have one coat or jacket by the door and as that one goes in the wash bring down a different one

All our coats go on a really long hook, has about 6 pegs on by the back door. It does annoy me being there tbh but there's no more space and minimal storage because I live in a really old cottage. Shoes go in a basket, again, by the back door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->