so ready for maternity leave :(

sharnahw

Mam to my sweet Lily Rose
Reaction score
I am no longer suffering morn sickness since about 23 weeks thank god, I do not suffer spd or anything else but I am sooooooooooo tired :( I finish work in 3 weeks on Fri ( for 7 months )and that just wont come fast enough..... I am cash office manager in a department and sports store so it is by no means strenuous but it is deffo stressful, I prob work 50 hours a week and just not able anymore but my manager just cant grasp that and is just a proper ass! Im sorry this post is not beneficial to anyone but I just needed a little rant :(

Good Luck on the rest of your pregnancy ladies xx
Sharon

I'm with you there. I'm only 29 weeks pregnant but full time is very tough going. I get so tired and then don't sleep properly which doesn't help. I'll be going part time in a few weeks and then off totally at 37 weeks, if not before!

I agree, I think its the full time that is killing me, I have no option to go part time tho :( I plan to finish for mat at 37 weeks but taking 2 weeks hold before that so will be finished at 35 weeks....

I hear you on this. I have 7 weeks left and that can't come soon enough. I only work 3 days a week but they are 12 hour days and are knackering.

I hope your remaining weeks fly by for you :happydance:

I hear you on this. I have 7 weeks left and that can't come soon enough. I only work 3 days a week but they are 12 hour days and are knackering.

I hope your remaining weeks fly by for you :happydance:

Thanx :) I hope they fly by too... jeez I do 10 hour days and that has me on my last nerve, cant imagine 12 hour ones,,, hope they fly for you too x

My last day is on Friday :happydance:

I was planning on staying until very close to the end, but with the recent swelling and the lack of energy, I changed my mind.

Can't believe I will be off of work for a year!!!!

I'm so with u here!! I finish next Friday yipppeeee! Supposed to be week after but im so exhausted I pulled forward a week. I'm lucky to have a whole year off its going to be surreal leaving and thinking I won't be going back for sooo long!! Gonna spend my time washing the remainder of baby's stuff, spend time with my mum and nan as they will be off, might even book myself in for a haircut n maybe something else as a treat as I feel so gross! Xx

I'm right there with you love! I work 2 jobs which end up being more than full time hours and one of my jobs is physically demanding on my body so by the end of my day, I'm toast! Plus I get only one full day off from both jobs so its only that one day to totally relax but that never happens since it's my only day to get other stuff done. Going "part time" at 36 weeks and totally looking forward to that!

I hear you girly - hang in there. I have 3.5 weeks left (I'm going on leave starting June 1st) and they can't pass quickly enough. I just need a break!

I work til the bitter end so my only hope is to go into labor early!!!!

...enjoy your vacation ladies!

I work til the bitter end so my only hope is to go into labor early!!!!

...enjoy your vacation ladies!

U poor thing :(
Hope the rest of your time flies by for ya :)

I'm a full-time lecturer teaching 16-19 years olds and have to walk up and down two flights of stairs about 15 times a day to get to my classrooms. All my students have exams and coursework deadlines in the next 4 weeks so it's exhausting trying to play the "enthusiastic, energetic teacher" part when you weight a stone more than you're used to! I finish at Whitsun for a year so 3 weeks and 2 1/2 days to go! I'll be 36 weeks and can't wait to just focus on washing baby grows, getting my haircut and "pottering" instead of marking 2000 word essays all weekend!

One fear I have had is whether or not I'll be a bit bored/lonely being off for that long. This is my first baby so I have no frame of reference. Anyone else had that fear?

I'm a full-time lecturer teaching 16-19 years olds and have to walk up and down two flights of stairs about 15 times a day to get to my classrooms. All my students have exams and coursework deadlines in the next 4 weeks so it's exhausting trying to play the "enthusiastic, energetic teacher" part when you weight a stone more than you're used to! I finish at Whitsun for a year so 3 weeks and 2 1/2 days to go! I'll be 36 weeks and can't wait to just focus on washing baby grows, getting my haircut and "pottering" instead of marking 2000 word essays all weekend!

One fear I have had is whether or not I'll be a bit bored/lonely being off for that long. This is my first baby so I have no frame of reference. Anyone else had that fear?

Isn't Whitsun 2 and a half weeks away.....12 days? This is when I go part time. I teach too xx

I am working till the day before the due date if everything goes to plan, office job. By doing so i will get nearly a year off about 11.5 months.

Isn't Whitsun 2 and a half weeks away.....12 days? This is when I go part time. I teach too xx

Yes - you're right. It is 2 1/2 weeks not 3 till Whitsun. You just saved me a week! Hooray - thank you!

I have 6 weeks 1 day left. I just can't wait, I am so so tired. I am trying to build up flexi at the moment, so hope to get this done in the next week. I have done 74 extra hours so I can finish 4 weeks before maternity official starts. I have two weeks annual leave and two weeks flexi to use.

I will then be off for 50 weeks :D

I have 6 weeks 1 day left. I just can't wait, I am so so tired. I am trying to build up flexi at the moment, so hope to get this done in the next week. I have done 74 extra hours so I can finish 4 weeks before maternity official starts. I have two weeks annual leave and two weeks flexi to use.

I will then be off for 50 weeks :D

You've done 74 hours overtime?! Whilst pregnant?! You're a hero! Mucho respect!

I agree, I think its the full time that is killing me, I have no option to go part time tho :( I plan to finish for mat at 37 weeks but taking 2 weeks hold before that so will be finished at 35 weeks....

I'm doing the exact same! 8 weeks to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->