So ridiculous - poundland!!

I'm I the only American who saw the title of this thread and thought about that 80's cartoon "Pound Puppies"? :blush:

Obviously after reading the post I figured out it was about currency and not puppies.

Poundland is a shop hun,

I am an American (San Francisco, CA-ish) dating someone who is also American but raised by an English mother who stayed home most of the time, so he has a Norfolk-American accent. I told him this and he started laughing. I guess he's been to England quite a bit, but hasn't lived there longer than a few weeks at a time. So from what I gather Poundland is like the UK version of the Dollar store or 99cent store?

I'm I the only American who saw the title of this thread and thought about that 80's cartoon "Pound Puppies"? :blush:

Obviously after reading the post I figured out it was about currency and not puppies.

Poundland is a shop hun,

I am an American (San Francisco, CA-ish) dating someone who is also American but raised by an English mother who stayed home most of the time, so he has a Norfolk-American accent. I told him this and he started laughing. I guess he's been to England quite a bit, but hasn't lived there longer than a few weeks at a time. So from what I gather Poundland is like the UK version of the Dollar store or 99cent store?

Yep, everything costs a pound.

Poundland is a shop hun,

yeah, I figured it out after reading the post. I assume it's the equivalent to our Dollar Tree or Dollar Store here in the US.

Does no one remember "Pound Puppies"? :dohh:

Poundland is a shop hun,

yeah, I figured it out after reading the post. I assume it's the equivalent to our Dollar Tree or Dollar Store here in the US.

Does no one remember "Pound Puppies"? :dohh:

I remember "Pound Puppies". They had toys as well.

You'll be suprised what you can find in Poundland nowadays, its come a long way from the crappy cheapo shop it used to be!!

agreed! I popped in to get some dishwasher tablets when I was 9mths pg and couldn't be bothered going to tescos, ours now have ladybird clothing, loads of ex woolworths home stock and fisher price baby toys! Guess where most of Ethan's xmas pressies came from! :haha:

It's pretty nuts when you think how much profit the other shops must make! So I am now a Poundland convert :)

BTW, I remember Pound Puppies too :)

Whilst we're on the subject, I remember winding my dad up a couple of years ago... went to the dollar store in America when the exchange rate was brill, didn't buy anything but told dad about it - he's obsessed with finding the best bargains and was genuinely pissed off that I found a cheaper shop, hahahahaha :D

Whilst we're on the subject, I remember winding my dad up a couple of years ago... went to the dollar store in America when the exchange rate was brill, didn't buy anything but told dad about it - he's obsessed with finding the best bargains and was genuinely pissed off that I found a cheaper shop, hahahahaha :D

I went to America a few years ago.. my dad was besides himself with the exchange rate. He'd buy a coffee and then sit there going "This coffee costs 75p! This coffee costs 75p!"... we spent $600 dollars in A&F but because it worked out half price, he was too excited to realise that he'd spent £300! :dohh:

Yeah the dollar stores here where I'm at are good for christmas wrap and stuff like that, some even sell soda and stuff. We had one that sold bread, spices, and pretty much anything you could think of at a real grocery store. Even some kitchen appliances. I haven't looked into pregnancy tests though. I'll probably still be working in healthcare, so I probably will have access to free ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->