So scared now spotting :-(

Oldermummy78

Reaction score
I don't know why but this time I am 37 and so worried something's going to go wrong or I'm going to have a blighted ovum :cry:
Read mothers 35 and over have more chance of something to go wrong, and chromosomes missing because of ageing eggs
I had my bloods taken on Monday they were 36.6 and was told that to them is classed as a negative
I have been scared to go back since even though the home pregnancy tests up to yesterday were progressing slightly. Haven't any left to take just a digi I'm saving for next week.
So I'm going back today for repeat beta but so nervous of what they will say to me , and even if they are normal it won't stop me worrying.
Is this what it's going to be like for me or do mums instinct just know something's wrong
Tia x

I think being pregnant makes you worry anyway. Any little feeling, twinge, etc is magnified and analysed. I had a bleed at 4 weeks and was hysterically upset but nothing was wrong. And you could hunt all over the internet how mums to be are at risk of this, that and the other regardless of age. Try and keep strong and hopefully everything is going to be OK. Hope the test goes well. Big hugs!! :hugs:

Hi,
My mum had my youngest sister at 36 and shes just turned 18, other than her attitude she's a healthy beautiful young woman :)
Anything 5 and under is classified as negative, so id say you're definitely pregnant.

I'm 42. My first 2 pregnancies ended in mmc last year. The odds are not in my favor and with each pregnancy I've worried about EVERYTHING. I wish I had magic words to make you feel better but I don't. My best advice is ask for as many tests as you need. It is better to have concrete info than to worry about the unknown. And try your best to separate fear from reality. I have to do this daily as I'm terrified this preg will also end in mmc. *hugs*

I think lots of women worry and hopefully you'll get to a stage where you can finally relax a bit. I had my first baby at 46. Was told I couldn't have kids and then I get over 40 and suddenly can get pregnant. I was so incredibly worried about all those things you are worried about. Once I got thru first trimester and all the genetic testing though, I was able to relax a bit and finally enjoy the pregnancy a bit. She's now 2 . Good luck, hun.

What everyone else said, you just worry. It is literally 9 months of worrying! In the beginning you worry about miscarriage, in the second tri you worry about testing (which we actually declined and dd is perfect still in my 20s though), in the third tri you worry that Peanut isn't moving enough and go to get monitored in l&d, all while checking the toilet paper each time expecting to see red. But in the end and you have your beautiful baby in your arms you realize all the worrying and sickness was worth it.

Oh my god just been to the toilet af was due today and had pink on panty liner ! :-( feel achey too :cry:

Older mummy - I hope it's OK. I think it's fairly common to get bleeding around the time that af is due. I had light bleeding for two days before she was due and all seems fine so far:shrug:

I'm an older mummy too so scared of everything. It seems 35 is the magical age and if you're past that all the risks increase according to Dr Google. I think it is different for each women and I know lots of ladies that have had their babies later in life and all has been OK.

Sending you lots of sticky :dust: xxx

Thanks cbeary really hope all is ok :-( it's hard as no one knows about the pregnancy apart from me and dh, and he is away :cry:

:hugs:

I love being able to come on here and talk to other people - it's only me and dh that know too. I won't be telling anybody till after twelve weeks scan

Was there a lot and was it dark? I had a bit of pink a few days ago and still nauseous so it mush gave been nothing.

Not a lot no, just some but it's there and I feel weird like empty
I have no symptoms anyway so that wouldn't be a clue to me, but I feel weird down there and wet down below

Well it can be normal to feel wet as pregnancy brings on a whole lot of cm in different colors and consistencys, I can't comment on the weird feeling though. I felt "weird" down there yesterday, almost like I had a uti, but today feels normal again. Who knows.

So sorry to hear you're going through this hun. It's so hard. Just try to think positive as your beta results were amazing for your dpo! X

I'm trying to relax, I did have bleeding in a healthy pregnancy before but I can't remember how it started . I seem to forget I have major baby brain, have had for the last 18 years :rofl:

I feel like I need to poop :blush: all the time I don't remember this feeling from
any of my pregnancys, it's just constant , light pink all when I wiped each time just now, I do hope it's implantation bleeding
Xx

I hope so too. When is your next appt?

Well I have to call In to make a scan appt, I was supposed to go today but it wasn't able to be sorted as had kids with me, so will sort a day next week
Don't know when I have my first gp appointment will. All actually today and see what they say x

I'm an older mommy, also had spotting the day AF was due and little bean is perfect. I was convinced I'd lose this baby... Plus I was on medication for 4 weeks of my pregnancy, that you simply can NOT take if trying to conceive or pregnant. Deep breaths and stay calm, its not in our hands. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->