So sick and have to go back to work tomorrow :(

volumeone

Reaction score
This may be more of a vent than anything…

I'm almost in tears writing this because I'm so nauseous and am dreading tomorrow. My morning sickness has really picked up starting last week (week 6) and it honestly feels like I have a horrible hangover until 3pm. I've only actually thrown up once but it feels like it could happen at any minute and I've been gagging often.

Thankfully, I'm a teacher so I've had a nice long Christmas break and have been able to rest and sleep most of it off. However, tomorrow I have to go back to work. I teach (actually standing up in the front of the room) 5 of the 7 class periods a day and honestly don't know how I'm going to make it through. I'm planning on bringing some sweet drinks, crackers etc but I won't be able to rest and will be expected to be teaching. I'm also planning on getting some Vitamin B6 to try for tomorrow.

Any other ideas for a full day of work and without time to rest to help with the nausea?

Thanks ladies…and thanks for listening to my vent sesh. :)

I'm with you on this

The last couple of days I've felt SICK to my stomach. Constant nausea. I'm not actually being sick but I keep feeling like I will and dry retching

My job is on the phone too so I can't just run off in the middle of a phone call either. Dreading it!

Ginger biscuit before you get up, small snacks rather than big meals, nothing too spicy/acidic that may unsettle your stomach and a big hug!

The thing that helps me most is ginger and lemon tea. Even the smell of it helps a bit. You could try making up a big flask and sipping it all morning?

Ah bless you. Poor thing. Maybe working might play as a distraction?? Hope it does for yiu. GL xx

Eat saline crackers and little meals. The saline will probably help you since you can put them in your desk and when they kids chagne classes you can grab one to eat.
If you eat a big meal that will surely make you sick.

I'm a teacher too and it was terrible but many days I actually felt better teaching as it kept my mind distracted so I didn't focus on how sick I felt. Unfortunately I always threw up before school and often on my drive home.

When you go to get the vit B6 pick up some unisom sleeping medicine. Take the unisome and b6 before bed, you should feel better in the morning! They just FDA approved the unisom and B6 combo in the US as the only category A morning sickness medicine. They have had it in canada for over 30 years. This combo saves me! Ask ur doc and see what they say! Good luck!!

I also crunched on tons of candies lol.

I'm a teacher too and hoping that once I get back to work it will take my mind off it!!

Hope your return to work goes well

Xx

Thanks everyone SO much…
I just made a run to the store and bought everything I possibly could to prepare me for tomorrow…peppermint tea, ginger ale, vitamin B6, powered. I cracked open a ginger ale and feel better already so I'm hoping that helps. We shall see in the morning.

For those of you who have taken B6, you suggest taking it at night??

Am a nurse ! So on my feet publicly all day too !!! I am still be sick have too run too the toilet 4-5 times a day !!!

Feel faint all time horrid !!! Especalliy when am doing something on a patient !!! I could cry !

I actually had too stop what I was doing the other week and be sick then came and explained I had morning sickness so I didn't scare the patient !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->