So sick

winterbabies3

Wife, Mother & Expecting
Reaction score
All today I have not been able to keep ANYTHING down. When should I worry about dehydration? Should I call my doctor or just keep trying to push fluids?

I would call if it lasts 24hrs. I had a terrible stomach bug a few weeks ago. Couldn't keep anything down for 2-3days and ended up in the hospital very dehydrated for IV fluid and anti nausea/vomiting meds. Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks girl! Hope your feeling better and praying it doesn't last that long!!

I got dehydrated in previous pregnancy after 3 hrs of vomiting & diarrhea & sweating. It can go fast! Go in if you feel like you're reaching the limit. I had plenty of bouts like that in third trimester & I feel it contributed to my waters breaking at 35+5. Get your fluids, don't wait too long! You are not silly!!

Hey hope you're feeling a bit better. With regards to staying rehydrated its better to take small sips of water regularly than glasses of water as your body will be less inclined to purge it. Also try getting some rehydration solutions which you can mix in with water and take sips of to replenish lost essential vitamins/salts/etc. Also lucozade is pretty good for dehydration too, before it was mass branded as a sports drink it was a called Glucozade which was given to the sick to help them maintain hydration.

:hugs:

Sorry you're not feeling well winterbabies. Hope today is better for you.

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. Keep an eye on the colour of your pee, if its quite dark it can be an indicator or dehydration.
Small sips of water if you can and im not sure what they have over there but here we can get special drink that is for when you have vomiting/diarrhea to replace electrolytes etc.
If you're worried though get checked out x

Oh how yucky! I had bad dehydration back in second Tri and ended up in hospital for 24 hours. The nurse (she was a paediatric one) said when they try and keep the kids hydrated they do 'shots of water' every 10 mins. Like the others said, works a treat having small amounts but very regularly. Also, definitely get some sports drinks into you. Hope you feel better soon :)

That sounds awful, I hope you're feeling better soon :hugs: Little and often with water is good.

I had this with Chloe. Just keep drinking water (slowly, though) and see how you go.

If it lasts more than a day or two or you feel like you are getting dehydrated, go to your doctor.

Hope you feel better soon!

x

How are you feeling now?

I haven't thrown up today which is weird but I have been extremely tired and all I have done is sleep. I went pee earlier and could definitely tell how orange and concentrated it was so I am trying to stay awake and drink water. Thanks everyone. I hate winter time and kids being in school dragging everything home=(

I've had that twice so far. Once 10 weeks and recently at 14 weeks. Just drink Gatorade you'll be fine. No need to go to hospital unless u can't drink anything for 48 hrs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->