So SO SO weird!!

kermie219

Reaction score
Alright this is the weirdest thing that has ever happend to me. I was just cleaning the bathtub and tiles and I was using sugar soap because it gets all grout white...anyway something about the smell of the sugar soap was making me salivate......ok this is weird....like if I ate it it would taste wonderful . OK OK OK now I know that is very strange and obvioulsy I would never eat soap but has this happend to anyone??? I feel like a freak :blush:

A friend of mine was obsessed with the smell of fire starters.

It sounds like you have pica. It can occur during pregnancy, its where you crave non food items like mad and feel like eating all sorts of crazy stuff.. i think soap and dirt are quite common ones.
Sometimes its due to iron deficiency - it might be worth checking that.

I like laying in the bath smelling the sponge. :blush: Can't believe I just admitted that. I could just eat it!

It's ok ttcsaffy at least it's not soap and at least we are not alone in this weirdness lol....and I am taking 2 showers a day because the smell of my coconut shampoo is really doing it for me :haha:

Yes Ive heard of this before, aparently you have to tell your doctor if you feel the urge to eat the soap as you have an iron deficiency xx

If you have the urge to eat dirt or soap you need to tell your Dr because you could be have an Iron deficiency.

I don't want to downplay the iron deficiency possiblity because without knowing more, that is possible, but I've had some soaps that smelled good enough to eat and it wasn't because of a deficiency, it was because a lot of the scents these days do smell just like food. I had a chocolate scented soap one time that I just couldn't keep using because I got way too hungry in the shower.

I called the midwife because everyone freaked me out...and she said because I've been on my prenatals for months I am probably not deficient in anything and said it is probably just one of those things in pregnancy. She said if it lasts for longer than a month then it could be a problem but not to jump to conclusions. It's not like an overwhelming urge to actually eat it I think it is the smell of it. I don't know:( But thanks for all the advice ladies!

Didnt want to worry you, you can rectify iron deficiency rapidly anyway so no need to panic. I will say this though, Ive always taken my vitamins and have been on prenatals for a year and still became anemic at the start of this pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->