SO upset... 2 false positives... I think... (Rexall brand HPT)

CourtneyLynne

Reaction score
I'm sooo upset! Today I'm 10 dpo so I picked up some HPT's after work yesterday. 2 dollar trees were out of their New Choice HPT's so I opted to get a brand I never heard of from Dollar General- Rexall. I took the first and it looked positive so I took another and that one did too. I wouldn't have been surprised bc we have been TTC for 8 cycles and this is the first time I've felt odd like this (though I've questioned whether or not I have a stomach bug- I work in the medical field). So after 2 POSITIVES... I take the digital I've been holding on to for what feels like forever (Clearblue Digital) and it says "not pregnant". I was upset but immediately ran out the Walgreens and got a First Response early pregnancy test (the 6 days sooner kind) because I wanted to know once and for all and it was also negative!!! So I'm upset now, and feel dumb for trusting this Rexall brand in the first place. Unless it's miU is actually more sensitive than the First Response & Clear Blue which I doubt.

Has anyone else had a problem with the Rexall brand?? I feel like a false positive is much more uncommon than a false negative.

Any and all thoughts and opinions welcome!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 164
I can't speak for that brand but very very unusual to get a false positive. it's very early at only 10dpo and I do hear the digital ones are certainly less sensitive. how long between the rexall brand and taking the frer and digital??

There are two possibilities... either digital not sensitive enough therefore leave for another couple of days and repeat OR it could be a chemical pregnancy but doubt this early. When's AF due? It's not over til it arrives......

Very very unlikely false positive x x. fingers crossed for you x

I had two faint positives on Wednesday night (10dpo) and negatives today (12dpo) and I'm heartbroken. Fingers crossed for both of us xx

Did the lines show up within the time frame? If not, they were most likely Evap lines. Clear Blue Digis have a 50MIU and FRERs have a 25MIU, it is HIGHLY unlikely that the dollar store brand is less than 25MIU as the the 20MIU and 10MIU can only be purchased online as far as I can tell.

Blue dye tests are known to show big blue false positives in time frame. Do a search on here or google about. That is why most people will tell you make sure you back any blue dye test with a pink dye test. Just incase, btw first response pink dye are 12 mui, super sensative

Looking at that Picture... I see a + though the | line is faint.... Having false positives are pretty rare, and I will note Digi's are mean and I've seen other ladies post about getting their BFP's on cheaper HPT's long before a Digi even registered. Keep strong and test in a couple more days

Hi I am 8 days post 2 days transfer.took a hpt and got a faint line.AFter 3 hours I took another test same one and it shows negative.I am so confuse nw.

Attachments

• 20150325_130609.jpg
    20150325_130609.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 55
Hi I am 8 days post 2 days transfer.took a hpt and got a faint line.AFter 3 hours I took another test same one and it shows negative.I am so confuse nw.

Im sorry, I know its hard to wait but maybe buy a frer and wait another day. Hold pee as long as possible. You might find a happy surprise :)

In my experience, the dollar store cheapies have always been more sensitive. Keep testing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->