So upset and confused

jtj1054

Pregnant 1st baby!
Reaction score
We found out at 15 weeks 2 days that we were having a baby girl, we had another ultrasound done at 18 weeks and still we were having a girl! Have great pictures with 3 white lines and all. Yesterday was our 20 week scan and the tech said no you're having a boy. He gave us a picture that looks like a gigantic penis. I mean it doesn't look anything like any friends ultrasound pcitures at all...I have no clue who or what to believe. The first ultrasound tech had 20 years experience and the guy yesterday was really young... We are heartbroken! We've just finished painting a very pink nursery and we've purchased unreturnable pink or girly things and so have our families... What would you think? I have scheduled an ultrasound for next tuesday at the first place that I got a girl confirmation for them to tell me one way or another as well. My husband isn't as upset over this but if we really are having a boy I feel like we've lost a girl since thats what we were expecting. Also the thought of a boy scares the crap out of me... we met with a gentic counslor and she advised us on our family histories and certain genetic defects and many numerous issues that seem to only affect males.

I had this exact same thing happen to me, except the other way around. Told at 19 weeks Boy, for sure, and then last week we were told its DEFINITELY a girl at 26 weeks. If it does turn out to be a boy, i would recommend boxing up all of the girly things if you are planning on having another child. If not, maybe you can do an exchange at the store? One thing I found was really helpful was coming up with a name for our baby. We already had a name when we thought it was a boy and that really helped us bond with him, and its helping us to have a new name to call our baby. It takes time though. It feels like you just lost a child. But, you need to find a way to get over some of the sadness so you can be there for your baby boy. :)

I had this exact same thing happen to me, except the other way around. Told at 19 weeks Boy, for sure, and then last week we were told its DEFINITELY a girl at 26 weeks. If it does turn out to be a boy, i would recommend boxing up all of the girly things if you are planning on having another child. If not, maybe you can do an exchange at the store? One thing I found was really helpful was coming up with a name for our baby. We already had a name when we thought it was a boy and that really helped us bond with him, and its helping us to have a new name to call our baby. It takes time though. It feels like you just lost a child. But, you need to find a way to get over some of the sadness so you can be there for your baby boy. :)

Thanks, we had a name and everything picked for a girl so it makes it tougher thinking that our " girl" could be a boy... :( We have no clue what to even think of as far as boy names either. :( Hubby and I cannot come to an agreement for a boy.. Hopefully I get some closure and concrete answer one way or another about what sex the baby is.

Its difficult. there is no denying that. But it gets a little easier after the initial shock. I promise.

Oh no! Maybe this tech is confused? I'd be more inclined to believe more experienced one. Hope you find out either way on Tuesday!!!

Hun, I wouldn't let yourself get upset just yet. Wait until the next scan to find out for sure. Maybe the young guy thought the umbilical cord was a penis?

Hun, I wouldn't let yourself get upset just yet. Wait until the next scan to find out for sure. Maybe the young guy thought the umbilical cord was a penis?

These are the pictures I've gotten. The first is from the latest scan where the guy said it was a boy. The last two are where we were told girl...

Attachments

• IMG_1735.jpg
    IMG_1735.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 85
  • JOHNSONCOURTNEY20130108160504770.jpg
    JOHNSONCOURTNEY20130108160504770.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 72
  • JOHNSONCOURTNEY20130108160345991.jpg
    JOHNSONCOURTNEY20130108160345991.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 61
Wow that does seem rather large for a babies penis!

I wouldn't like to say either way as I am rubbish at gender prediction but have you tried posting the pics on ingender.com? They have techs on there who I am sure will have a look for you too.

Good luck hope this gets sorted for you I honestly really feel for you :hugs::hugs: xx

I think the one that looks like a 'penis' is just swollen girly parts, I may be wrong. Would you get another scan hun?
xoxox

I think the one that looks like a 'penis' is just swollen girly parts, I may be wrong. Would you get another scan hun?
xoxox

I wondered this too!!

Most definitely will get to the bottom of this! I had another scan today and they didn't want to tell me one way or another because the baby had cord in between it's legs and it was breach so it made it really difficult. Both techs today told me to not paint over the pink just yet and not to buy blue either.. :( I have another appointment tuesday so hopefully we'll find out then. I'm going crazyyy:wacko:

xoxox

I wondered this too!!

Most definitely will get to the bottom of this! I had another scan today and they didn't want to tell me one way or another because the baby had cord in between it's legs and it was breach so it made it really difficult. Both techs today told me to not paint over the pink just yet and not to buy blue either.. :( I have another appointment tuesday so hopefully we'll find out then. I'm going crazyyy:wacko:

Bless you! This must be so awful for you! Roll on Tuesday so you will hopefully know either way! xx

That's so confusing! I hope you get the answer you're looking for at your appointment.

in the pics the baby's penis looks huge! could it be the cord in a strange position maybe?

in the pics the baby's penis looks huge! could it be the cord in a strange position maybe?

lol I know! I really think it's just the cord and the guy was mistaken... lol In literally EVERY unltrasound the babyhas either had cord between legs or near there.

Personally that penis looks way too big, even if your babies penis was that big, it would have shown in the other ultrasounds. I'm pretty certain you have a baby girl. Those other 2 pictures, there really is no denying it.

Also IMO, I think that blob he thought was a penis was the babys head looking down, that's what it looks like to me, and I still see 3 lines in it. Don't stress. I'd put my money that you have a girl still

That "penis" is the size of my nephews... he is 3!!!! I don't think that is a penis but I am not good at looking at ultrasounds... hopefully you get your girl confirmation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->