so what should a man do??

metu

TTC
Reaction score
just got the great news this mornin. all you fellas and ladies out there that have been prego b4, i need 2 ask, wot should i actually do?? i feel like i should fuss over my OH as much as i can....ensure she is ok as much as i can....but i feel like i am making too much of a fuss.....how should i treat my now prego OH??

Cook for her sometimes. She'll love it!

If you can't cook, try it and let her guide you. It will be fun.
Just let her season up the meats, and you'll be fine.

My husband just made me some stove top chicken breast with onions, red peppers and steak fries with some crackers on the side. Plus he gave me a bottle of water too.:happydance:

Mellow

just be there for her, especially if she feels sick,
my DH really helps around the house, and brings me food.
just make her feel like she can ask you for stuff and its not a big deal ( even when you are washing dishes for 3 months)

congrats - so nice to see a post like this 1

Just be there for her, some women like to be left alone at times whilst others like to be cuddled etc, just make sure your OH knows you are there for her and you'll do fine.

Def Support in anyway she needs is wonderful
Good luck to you !

Listen to her is the main thing, then you will be better equipped to help her as the pregnancy goes on i.e massages, running a bath, cooking etc! Good Luck hun & welcome to baby and bump! :hugs:x

Be there when she goes to prenatal appointments.
Give her a massage.
Cook for her! I love it when SO makes me food!

Congratulations to you both. :)
Just treat her the same way, but do all the nice little things that your pregnant woman would appreciate: regular massages, helping carry bags, opening doors, cooking for her, speaking to the bump.. just act naturally but remember your little baby is growing inside, oh and be sensitive as it's a hormonal time!

its great that you even asked, showing that you want to do something to help. Just be there for her, try not to stress her out, every little things tends to get blown out of proportion in our minds lol.

If she asks you to leave her, just do it for a while etc.

Do things for her for sure, but if she is happy doing it, i'd leave her. I know personally, i used to get annoyed when i was treated like an invalid when i wanted to be on the move for a while

Don't take it personal if she snaps at you
cook for her
rub her feet
brush her hair
help around the house..don't leave messes for her to clean up
carry things for her
draw her a bath

ya know... just make her feel special! Women get very emotional during pregnancy and it's hard sometimes I think for men to understand what we're thinking and feeling, so just try to be understanding and supportive. You sound like a sweetie, so I think you'll do fine! CONGRATULATIONS!

hey everyone thanks for the insight....

....pretty much what i am/planned to do.......but i needed to know if there was any special things i should do....

....i have figured out that i am scared to touch the tummy....even though its only really a "dot" the now.....is this a normal reaction??

i've expressed my feelings and thoughts to my OH and ensured that she feels good.....should i be doing anything that would seem obvious to you lot that i have overlooked??? just scared that i mess up because i really want this to work out! i'm thinking months and months ahead is this normal?? the 1 biggest thing is that with every movement my OH makes i get worried! i feel like i am crowding her! is this normal???

I wouldn't know if any of that's normal because my OH is an ass :). You sound like you have it pretty much figured. If she wants anything else I'm sure she won't be afraid to ask you

It sounds like you are off to a wonderful start. The fact that you are aware of the need to take care of her during this time is wonderful. You'll do great!

you'll get over the fear of belly touching. it took weeks for me and my boyf to get our heads around the idea. It even amde me feel quite queasy for a while, knowing there was a creature in there. But a few weeks on you get used to it.
My boyf has been brilliant since I've been pregnant, I can't stop telling people how great he is. And the one thing he does that really helps is really dull - house work.

I get so tired and sick, and he has done sooo much. Really, he cooks, tidies up after and doesnt mind while i lay on the sofa. The fact that he doesnt mind is the best thing. really, i felt guilty but i feel so sh*te that at times I cant face doing anything let alone keeping the kitchen clean.

So my advice would be to do as much aorund the house as is humanly possible!! And keep it up - i have been amazed at how much my DB has done without me having to ask him. a real knight in shining armour. I think he's proud in being able to say Whos the Dadddy and looks after me and baby!

OH - and to allow her to talk about baby 24/7 as no doubt she will want to!! get excited together.

Everythimg thats already been said, but I would add don't tell her you think she's making it up when she feels so rough, that didnt work so well for me!!

I love it when my Hubby does the dishes. I just don't have the energy to clean, especially when I'm tired and feeling nauseous after a day of work. Oh...and one of the other things that rocked was when he went out to find me vanilla soft serve one night when I was craving it and just NOTHING else felt like it would stay down ;-)

It sounds like you're on the right track...you'll be a great daddy!!

Being fussed over too much used to annoy me a bit, if I was carrying a bag my boyfriend and mum would tell me off! lol and I would say "it's just one bag". Don't get me wrong, it's lovely and sweet of them really.. but can get a bit annoying! so try not to overcrowd, just let her know you're there for her!

You sound like you're doing great and it's a normal reaction to be a bit unsure about the "dot" at first!

First of all I just want to say congrats. You sound sincere and caring. Like all the other posts said, I would just make her feel comfortable. Help out around the house (cleaning, dishes, laundry, etc....). Help her carry groceries in. Be patient with her, she may feel sick, irritated, tired and cranky. Give her space to be alone if she wants it. My hubby doesn't help around the house and that is one thing that I wish he would do, instead he makes messes and it makes me crazy. So I would highly recommend helping with house chores. I'm sure you will be very helpful. It's nice to see the men posting on here being supportive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->