So what's next?- Older babies

bky

:(
Reaction score
My LO is coming up on 11 months. She's always been a pretty good eater via BLW but I'm just kind of wondering...what I should be encouraging her to do or try? I'm wondering because if there is something she should be doing by around 15 months my HV is going to nag at me if she isn't (even though she was eating fine and gaining weight at her 8 month check up I got a lecture on how everything I was doing was wrong :roll:). I'd like some kind of confidence boost to know that things are ok. I feel now as if we're stuck in a rut because I don't know what should be next in terms of eating goals?

Right now she generally eats small sandwiches, fruit, cheese sticks, fruit sauces and yogurts (via spoons), basically any type of finger food she wants to eat.
I just feel like, other than muffins and sandwiches, we're kind of stuck on single ingredient finger foods (and stuck in the rut of things she likes but that's a whole other thing. Banana and cheese and sausage diet, hey ho).
Is that ok?
I haven't done many multi-ingredient meals because she can't have tomatoes, broccoli, onions or garlic so that leaves out most things I'd be inclined to make.
I was going to get her a bowl/fork/spoon on cords and suction cup set for her birthday and see if I could get her to actually put the food on the utensil herself (as she can do a loaded spoon to mouth, but stuff on her tray and a spoon doesn't get anything but thrown), but what else 'should' babies do as they progress to being toddlers?

I'm wondering the same thing. I do a mix of tw and blw and Clara can do a pre-loaded spoon too, but can't get the food on it herself either (nor does she really try:haha:). She does eat meals with lots of ingredients like stew and pasta with a meat/veggie sauce though, so I guess I'll just keep introducing her to the meals we eat that seem suitable for now.
One extra question I have (sorry for side-tracking your thread bky:blush:), at what point do I feed her things like stew with a spoon (pre-loaded or not) instead of letting her eat it with her hands. I suppose I eventually have to teach her that not everything is a finger food?

^^ no that's a good question. I think that's what I'm getting at, how to make the transition from finger food to utensil food.
We eat a lot of things that are kind of mixed meals (rice and meat and veg all in one dish) and I usually put it on a spoon for her when she begs for something out of my bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->