So what's next??...

StrawBerry2

TTC baby number 4!
Reaction score
I am overjoyed to be in my first trimester... I am hoping and believing for a healthy pregnancy.

Thing is whats next, I have no idea how this actually works. The internet has so many opinions and variations. I am taking pre natal vitamins...but when do I make a doctors appointment? And when should I have my first scan? I am not even late for AF yet...but definitely have tons of bfp's sitting on my bathroom counter ;-)

How long do I wait before going in to see the doctor. Don't want them to send me home and say I am there too early!! Please help....

Each doctor has different preferences on when they'll want to see you... give them a ring and they'll tell you! They'll prob schedule your ultrasound then or after the first appointment!

I think it's different in different countries! I'm in the UK - rang the doctor to make an app they told me I don't need one I just need to pick up a pregnancy pack (haven't got one yet so don't know what's in it!) & I needed to book in with the midwife for 8 weeks. So I've got a booking app now with the midwife booked for 16th Jan when I'll be 8 weeks, think it's for her to do blood tests & talk about things, I'll find out when I get there!
xo.

Usually a dr likes you to be late for your period. You then make an appointment and they confirm the pregnancy and then (in the UK) you're booked in to see the MW anywhere from 6+ weeks. They then go through everything before arranging your first scan normally between 10-13 weeks but I'm not sure how it works in Australia

Congrats and H&H 9 months to you :flow:

In the united states you go in at 8 weeks they do blood work urine sample and a ultrasound. But as others said not sure how it works there. Best thing is pick a doc you want and call they will let your know there protocol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->