so when are you telling people?

leahtaba

Reaction score
I love everyone's different opinion on this! What's yours?
Did you tell people as soon as you got BFP? Are you waiting 'til after 12 weeks? Will you do a facebook announcement?

with my DD i told close family right away and most of my friends new by 8 weeks.... Then I told everyone else after my 11+5 scan!

This time I think we are going to wait until after 12 weeks to even tell close family! But who knows, I am not really good at keeping secrets :blush:

I'm not sure.. Close family know but I'm going to wait til new year to tell OH family and the rest I think x

Since I'm still having issues with spotting/bleeding, I for sure will not be telling anyone else (our immediate families know) until we're into the 2nd tri.

We are telling our parents next week, on Christmas. And that's pushing it as we will only be going on 6 weeks. But we really want them to know and think it'll be fun to incorporate with Christmas. :)

We may tell the rest of our close family on Christmas as well but we haven't decided just yet. Our Christmas gatherings are literally immediate family. Everyone else we plan to wait until 12 weeks at least. Our close group of friends will be the hardest. Especially when we go to the same New Years Eve party every year...and I drink every year...sooo, that'll be tough.

I told my immediate family pretty much right away ...and told my closer friends after I had my ultrasound at 5 weeks which let me know that it was not ectopic...now for others - coworkers, associates, it will be at my 12 week mark more than likely.

I told my mum and sisters/brothers straight away. 2 aunts know and 2 cousins whom I trust. I wont be making a facebook announcement or amything like that as people will find out eventually lol I will start telling some really good friends when im around 20 weeks maybe a bit sooner

I had our 12 week scan today and even though all is well im hoping to wait til mid jan or feb to spill...i have had two mc n the last six months and my first due date is feb 4th, so may announce then that technically ive been oregnant for a year (no afs unbetween) a few friends know but not my kids or mom

I told everyone with my last pregnancy as soon as I found out but lost the baby due to a MMC discovered at the scan at around 7 weeks, so I had to tell everyone and it was really hard, everyone knowing and asking questions, giving me sympathy when I just wanted to not talk about it. I really wish I didn't tell everyone as I also felt like I let them down, but I found out I'm pregnant again 2 weeks ago and I'm now 6 weeks, I'm waiting until 20 weeks just so there's more of a chance things will be okay this time around.

We've told my mum and sisters and close friends, mainly as I'm a huge worrier and needed to be able to chat to people who have been pregnant before!

I also told managers at work after an emotional outburst and one co-worker who I trust.with my line of work I could be put at risk so someone needed to know.

We have a follow up scan on monday after having a lot of pain, all being well we will be telling dh family on Christmas day...it will hopefully be their first grandchild and I know they will be so excited.

Just wish Monday would come sooner!

I found out 30th Nov! Ive only told my best friend! Im telling my 5 year old and mum xmas day! Its been so hard, with my daughter I told my mum that day!

My dad and step mum will know xmas day too! Ill only be 7 weeks but got scan tomorrow so hopefully all will be ok to tell them... I won't be doing anything on Facebook at all.. People who matter will know... My brother will get told when I see him after xmas or maybe a scan pic text Xmas day... Family will be told to keep sshh till 12 weeks... OH will tell his family over xmas (dont live close) x

We told people in order of importance LOL I told my husband (obviously) 2 best girlfriends and my mother the day I got the BFP. Then we waited till we were 9 weeks, after 2 ultrasounds, to tell his parents, brother and uncle at Thanksgiving. And we just announced to everyone on FB on Tuesday, with the picture in my avatar, after our 12 week NT scan went very well.

Im going to hold this one in for as long as i can. I'll probably tell after my 12 week scan xx

I told my parents and brother at 6 wks (told them at 4wks with DD). I told my best friend at 8 wks first time around but even she doesnt know this time. She will find out at new yr as she'll wonder why i'm not drinking lol. No-one else will find out til after i've had my NT scan x

I'm struggling with this!
I obviously told my Hubs as soon as I got my BFP.
However, we haven't decided if we should tell anyone else now or wait until 12 weeks.
This is my first pregnancy and I'm obviously bursting with excitement. But I'm also scared because I haven't seen my doctor yet and don't even know yet if there are any early complications.
I would LOVE to tell my immediate family on Christmas. My mom would absolutely die of happiness (she's been bugging me for grandkids since I got married). I just don't want to end up disappointing anyone, other than myself.

I waited until 13 weeks with my first but with this pregnancy I told my parents and in-laws a week after I found out (around 4-5 weeks). Reason being that I felt I might need help during the first trimester with my very active toddler and didn't want to get caught up in lies. Also, if I were to lose the baby, I wouldn't want to have to say "Well, I WAS pregnant." At least I would enjoy having excited responses if I told people early. I've told a couple of friends but will wait a few more weeks to tell others. I guess I'm feeling more confident than last time because I've already had an ultrasound (at 7 weeks) and all looks good with strong heartbeat etc. My OB says that with my history (only one pregnancy that resulted in a live birth) my chances of miscarrying are very small. Hopefully she is right.

But I recall what it was like the first time. Very exciting but nerve-wracking too. I got really wound up about miscarriage. Try to relax and tell people when it feels right.

I will be 11 weeks on Christmas day, with my LO we announced at 12 weeks this time we will do it during Christmas since we will all be together. I had my scan yesterday and saw my little bean with strong heartbeat

We told family last time at 5 weeks.. and they told everyone but told them not to tell. So when we told the world at 11 weeks after my first scan most people knew. This time we are telling family at 6 weeks and I think the world at 8 weeks after my doctor appointment.

I like the comfort of being able to talk to people about things I guess.

I'm not sure :/ my best friend knows and thats it. I will tell work the first day back after xmas, if my scan goes well (27th). We can't decide if we should tell over xmas or not. I dont want to make the day about me. Plus my sister is pregnant and i want her to have some of the lime light. The longer we leave it the harder it seems to find the right time to tell people. We told people around 8 weeks with both the girls. I won't be announcing on twitter but DH will on FB as we did the same with the girl although we dont use FB much but it just seems fair.

That decision was pretty much taken away from me as I work in police custody in the cell block. If you're pregnant you're not allowed to work there because it's too dangerous. It's obviously not worth the risk so I told my manager as soon as I got my BFP. We told our parents first as felt bad telling my work and not them!!
I have an early pregnancy scan today and if all goes we are going to tell the rest of our friends and family. Ideally we would have been able to keep it quiet until 12 week scan but as so many people already know we thought sod it!

Told my mum and hubby, everyone else will be after my 7w scan in January, all being well. I prefer telling early now then I have a little support if it doesn't stick. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->