so when are you telling people?

That decision was pretty much taken away from me as I work in police custody in the cell block. If you're pregnant you're not allowed to work there because it's too dangerous. It's obviously not worth the risk so I told my manager as soon as I got my BFP. We told our parents first as felt bad telling my work and not them!!
I have an early pregnancy scan today and if all goes we are going to tell the rest of our friends and family. Ideally we would have been able to keep it quiet until 12 week scan but as so many people already know we thought sod it!

I did the same thing. Had to be off for a week at 8 weeks due to some bleeding, so I obviously had to inform work of what was going on... my Mom already knew but my Dad didn't and I felt bad but he understood. I told him that week as well as the rest of my immediate family on my side. DH took a bit longer to tell his side (he's just awkward with news like that haha) but all immediate family knew by 10 weeks. Made the big FB announcement yesterday so now the world knows! Not getting a 12 week scan but I have a doppler to hear the hb and it's still ticking away healthily in there so I'm much less worried.

With our first we told family within half hour! Then we made a Facebook announcement the same day. I was only 5 weeks.

Because we found out so early with this one we've only told family so far...My AF isnt due until Christmas day so we want to wait until after that to tell other people. We're going to announce it on Facebook on December 30th which will be exactly 2 years to the day we announced with our first son...:thumbup:

This is both my and DH's first pregnancy (plus first grandchild on both sides!) so we are both very excited. I am a very private person however, but DH not so much. He wanted to tell EVERYONE right away. I on the other hand didn't want to say anything for a while (like 16 wks). I let DH tell a few people because I knew he couldn't hold it in so he told a few close mutual friends. Then he started telling more people... his boss, then of course all his co-workers found out, more friends etc. I've told no one.

We decided that we would both tell our parents and siblings on Christmas which I am not crazy about as I will only be a little over 6 weeks, but with all the people he is telling it will get back to them soon if we don't tell!

As for fb, I hate it and don't go on. For me if I don't know you well enough to tell you in person then you can find out when you see me pushing a pram in the grocery store. DH will tell his friends on fb though, but I won't let him until after my first scan in January.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->