So who is trying the shed the pounds for the wedding?

DanielleM

Reaction score
Who is wanting to shed the pounds for the wedding?

I am currently overweight and am wanting to lose a stone for both the wedding and health reasons. My BMI is 27 so trying to lose a bit to get into the healthy weight frame again of 25.

I think it is a great incentive to lose weight, especially for the pictures as those pictures are going to be in my life forever so I don't want to be looking at them and cringing!!

So anybody with me?

Me!

I committed to dropping at least 10lbs by August by going with a smaller sized dress (eek!). I was between sizes and I also wanted a corset back added to my dress. So if I went with the bigger size, they'd have to take more of the intricate beading/crystals off. Versus going with the smaller size, they'd have to take less off. So....10+lbs here we go! I've already lost about 5lbs since my dress fitting/purchase on March 3rd. So, I'm go steady....

Good luck with your weight loss! I found that if I supplement one meal a day (lunch or dinner) with a Slim Fast/ protein shake instead, I'm not starving and its helped tremendously with shedding the pounds. I haven't really done much else besides that. lol

Go you half way there already! I have just ordered a bike and got a baby seat so I can do some exercise with the little one in tow! Diets are so boring though!

This might get moved to diet and exercise! I'm trying to lose weight, mainly because I'm 5 and half week post baby so I would like to get back down to pre baby weight! I'm 11lb down so far (haven't changed my ticker) in 4 weeks. All I'm doing is counting calories and NOT cutting anything out - iF I want choccy I will have some if I can get it in my daily allowance. Watch out for alcohol, had 2 strawberry and lime ciders last week not realising they were 315cals EACH!! Mental! Rose is around 80 so much better :) I have 1 evening a week off too, so I don't seem to crave stuff as much. One thing that's really helped me is caramel snack a jacks, awesome when you need something sweet! Good Luck :) xx

Me, I started ages ago and then lost a stone and then got stressed and didn't stick to it and put half a stone back on. I have about 2/3 stone I'd like to lose and have until next July to do it. It only took me about 5 weeks to lose a stone so I know I can do it I just have to be strict. I think generally people can either stick to calorie counting, or they can eat what they want so long as they exercise. So right now I'm calorie counting and exercising then when I get to my goal weight, to maintain it I will stick to one or the other, probably exercising. I've also learnt to recognise the difference between real hunger and emotional hunger (brought on boredom/stress/thirst) so to ensure I drink enough water a day whenever I feel emotional hunger coming on I go get a glass of cold water instead x

Me, i need to loose weight regardless of the wedding. Iv allready got my BMI down from 44 to 38, i need to loose another two stone to fit in the dress and then want to loose more after that.

I need to lose three stone. I'm 10 now. I was 8 when I tried on my wedding dress and I thought I looked fat even then. I'm so ashamed of myself. My BMI is normal but I feel gross.

I've got 7lb left to loose, and the hardest bit maintain....by 12th October! I have already lost 10lb, doing Slimming World and doing a run/walk plan.

I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight now, but want to skim a bit more off by the wedding. Because we want to ttc after the wedding too. And I am determined not to put 4 stone on this time! Haha!

I also want to tone up, and am thinking of doing the Gillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. Hmmmmm

Good luck ladies x

I've got about 2 stone to lose. just have no motivaton and am so annoyed at myself. I know I've got to do it, a two week holiday in Greece with 20 family members will have me feeling awful about myself :/

Well today hasn't been to great for me, I think I have worms, have not stopped all day, can't satisfy my hunger. Luckily I am picking up my new mountain bike tomorrow and going to do an hour bike ride. I have also bought a child seat for the back so I can exercise with Jacob in tow. But tomorrow I am just going to go out by myself, get used to a bike again and have a bit of peace while OH is home at the weekend!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->