So who will you be voting for next time?!

same - but i think in my position, to vote for anyone else would be mad!

tbh though, i don't think there's HUGE difference between the parties now days.. i think labour were better than this bunch of idiots - but the country is ruled by the rich and the banks!

I'm being hammered by the tories re: my work and am currently on strike.

HOWEVER, Labour got us into this mess and are in no way shape or form capable of getting us out of it.

I used to be labour through and through.

I am completely on the fence atm...but I wouldn't go back to labour if you paid me.

tbh though, i don't think there's HUGE difference between the parties now days.. i think labour were better than this bunch of idiots - but the country is ruled by the rich and the banks!

Couldn't agree more. Also I find Alot of them the same. When milliband, cleft & Cameron are next to eachother it is hard to tell the difference some times :)

Couldn't agree more. Also I find Alot of them the same. When milliband, cleft & Cameron are next to eachother it is hard to tell the difference some times :)

yeah, that's because they all talk out their bums, and bums pretty much all look and sound the same!!
they just do what will win them votes now.. or what the banks and people who really run the country want them too..
i haven't seen any laws yet to stop these billion pound bonus's that banks get? surely that would save our country ALOT of money.. nobody ever would challenge them..

I'm also on the fence. As far as I'm aware its been like this for years.. Labour try and help the poorer people and put the country in debt, so conservatives get in, make a hell of alot of cuts & get the country back up and then labour get in and bring it down again.. its a vicious circle.

I'm also on the fence. As far as I'm aware its been like this for years.. Labour try and help the poorer people and put the country in debt, so conservatives get in, make a hell of alot of cuts & get the country back up and then labour get in and bring it down again.. its a vicious circle.

sophie.. hey! ahh we learnt about this in economics - it's because we live in boom bust society..
we earn lost of money, everythings amaxing, lots of jobs - so many we need more people baby boom..
then there's too many people, everything goes bust, not enough jobs, money all goes to someone
then goes boom again.. then bust..

but the way we are atm - isn't really to do with labour.. it's to do with the banks.. there's a film called the inside job..
it explains all about our current recession.. it only showed in 2 cinemas in the country, one was chelsea and the other was in the city of london - surprisngly where all the bankers live so they knew what was on it - there was only limited viewings, and it wasn't allowed to be realised on DVD - why?! because they didn't want us to know why the countries how it is..
i only saw it because my friend got hold of it.. it's based in america but its exactly the same thing as whats happened over here..

What mess did labour get us into? It was a GLOBAL recession. And tbh the UK economy is still really quite strong compared to other countries :shrug:
Also, the Tories have it all wrong imo. People need to spend to boost our economy and increase jobs which isn't going to happen when everyone is totally skint with the cuts.

I voted for labour last time lol my conscience is clear!

I will decide nearer the time, at the end of the day like blah said, this is a global recession, yes labour made some mistakes but every government makes mistakes

and lets face it, regardless of which party got in this time these cuts would STILL have needed too happen, regardless of which party got in they NEEDED too find the money somewhere, no government will ever keep 100% of people happy because it just isn't possible, so as much as it pains me too say this (because I am huge anti tory) you can'ty lay all the blame for this at their feet, they are doing pretty much what any other party would have needed too do one way or another

They're all morphing into one another now!!
Pissed me off so much when lib dem and cons got in together last time. Such a conflict of interest, no idea how they can successfully merge two parties together which such differing policies??
I can't see a huge change happening anyway when the whole world is fucked as well. We need to spend to get the economy on track again but if no ones lending, no one is getting pay rises and pensions being lowered then even the people of retirement age are not spending .
The government need to concentrate on the issues to hand not spend all thier time slagging off the opposition or making sure they get in the next 4 yrsby making false promises.
Every business is being affected now, it's like a domino effect. One goes down and takes the next one with it. I don't think the recession was as bad as they made out.. Not compared to previous ones, wonder if there's another headed??

I will decide nearer the time, at the end of the day like blah said, this is a global recession, yes labour made some mistakes but every government makes mistakes

and lets face it, regardless of which party got in this time these cuts would STILL have needed too happen, regardless of which party got in they NEEDED too find the money somewhere, no government will ever keep 100% of people happy because it just isn't possible, so as much as it pains me too say this (because I am huge anti tory) you can'ty lay all the blame for this at their feet, they are doing pretty much what any other party would have needed too do one way or another

Pretty much agree with this :thumbup: Cuts were going to be made whoever got voted in.

TBH I probably won't even bother voting next time, they all spout crap and never end up delivering what ever 'promises' they make anyway. :shrug:

Labour didn't make the cuts needed though did they?

This recession was foreseen around 6/7 years ago...I heard about it happening when I was a teenager! Labour have been in control and could have made changes back then, got a handle on things. They KNEW it was coming a long time ago but kept their heads in the sand.

They've made it so that it pays to stay at home. They wanted to continue giving and giving and giving to people who were not giving anything back in return. They made living off benefits a 'career' for some people. I have people who went out of their way to get pregnant purely for the perks you got i.e. benefits & money schemes etc...

I don't agree with a lot of the things this government has done. A lot of them affect me, however, I think with Labour in power theres no doubt in my mind we would be in a much worse position now.

you just need too take a look at history too see there are always highs and then recessions, it is the same for every country, the recession before this one I am sure tories were in power, so they clearly made mistakes too .... it's just sadly the natural life cycle of the economy as a whole

It was the coalition that made the stop to some benefits.

36% of those on benefits for sick, returned to work before they had their 'review'. A further percentage were made 'ready for work'

A start is being made at least.

Labour didn't make the cuts needed though did they?

This recession was foreseen around 6/7 years ago...I heard about it happening when I was a teenager! Labour have been in control and could have made changes back then, got a handle on things. They KNEW it was coming a long time ago but kept their heads in the sand.

They've made it so that it pays to stay at home. They wanted to continue giving and giving and giving to people who were not giving anything back in return. They made living off benefits a 'career' for some people. I have people who went out of their way to get pregnant purely for the perks you got i.e. benefits & money schemes etc...

I don't agree with a lot of the things this government has done. A lot of them affect me, however, I think with Labour in power theres no doubt in my mind we would be in a much worse position now.

You must be ecstatic at the unemplyment benefit being given a 5% increase and public sector workers has been capped fir the second yr!!

More than likely down to lib dems, can't see it direct from cons ! More likely to shut them up for a few months!

Just can't see the logic in that, I have no problem with people in dire situations that are jobless but making it more appealing to be at home rather than contribut to the already failing economy is just bizarre. We must be a laughing stock.

Poor management all round.

Yes cuts would be necessary but the way the coalition have gone about it is insane. Conservative policy is, bluntly, to help those who don't need help and screw the rest. Thatcher's lot did it and now, just when public memory of that had begun to fade... Cameron's lot get voted in and now this.

:flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->