So who will you be voting for next time?!

out of internest what do you class as rich and what do you mean by making the rich richer??

higher earners are about too lose CB, they are lowering the threashold for tax credits so those will go if they haven't already, they pay a higher rate of tax, I don't understand the rich being made richer?? :blush:

The whole CB thing confuses me, I have No clue how they came up with the new CB guidelines

you can have 1 parents earn over £43,875 a year and you lose your child benefit yet you can have both parents earning £43,500 EACH and they still get it :wacko: crazy lol

out of internest what do you class as rich and what do you mean by making the rich richer??

higher earners are about too lose CB, they are lowering the threashold for tax credits so those will go if they haven't already, they pay a higher rate of tax, I don't understand the rich being made richer?? :blush:

The whole CB thing confuses me, I have No clue how they came up with the new CB guidelines

you can have 1 parents earn over £43,875 a year and you lose your child benefit yet you can have both parents earning £43,500 EACH and they still get it :wacko: crazy lol

By very rich, I mean millionaires, eg bankers, business people etc that have dealings with the politicians....

I have no idea who I'll vote for (if I remember to sort out my overseas voting next time, didn't do it in time last time). I used to vote Lib Dem but they're sell outs now :( I prob just won't bother, doubt I'll be going back to the UK anyways.

Got out presidential elections soon over here and I have no freaking idea who to vote for. And I call myself a politics student... :blush:

That whole thing with the CB is screwed up. DH is the sole earner in our household, I finish my degree next year. We will lose CB as he is just over the threshold from doing lots of OT to keep us afloat. He isn't even my kids bio dad but he supports us 100%... He also - rightly - pays a large amount of maintenance to his ex towards his boys, but that isn't considered. So on paper DH's income is good, but after everything comes off we're not left with much!

A lot of people would automatically assume that having a higher rate tax payer in the house makes you well off, but I can vouch for that definitely not necessarily being true!

We manage, but really we are being squeezed on every angle! Hey ho, hopefully I'll get a good few shifts at this Xmas temp casual job I start Monday night to help with things!

The IFS said the top 30% will be better off, the bottom 30% worse off as a result of yesterday's statement.

^ Yup that's the way the tories want it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->