So who will you be voting for next time?!

Yea Labour knew something like this would happen and didn't nip it in the bud. Not because they thought 'ignore it and it'll go away', but because certain decisions to sort it would be/are very unpopular.

But surely they could have made some of the executive decisions rather than continue a £500 bonus for every pregnant woman.

Instead we've had to cut billions of pounds all in one go, rather than doing it over a period of time. If we'd started way back 7 years ago and not introduce some of the 'rewards' brought in we might not have had to make the drastic cuts we are having to do now!

Fully agree with everything BabyFrance has said.

I know someone who, when pregnant with her third child (third father, very short relationship which is volatile still and first two children in care) rant and raved a series of expletives on Facebook because of the cuts to the maternity grants and surestart payments. Yes they're in the minority but still surely add up.

Also it was interesting to note that some of the legislation brought in recently to banks regarding risk, our own work best practices were superior.

Don't tar all banks (and bank staff) with the same brush.

I'll be voting for green as always :flower:

recession, boom and bust and are all part of capitalism - its how it works.

Labour didn't make the cuts needed though did they?

This recession was foreseen around 6/7 years ago...I heard about it happening when I was a teenager! Labour have been in control and could have made changes back then, got a handle on things. They KNEW it was coming a long time ago but kept their heads in the sand.

They've made it so that it pays to stay at home. They wanted to continue giving and giving and giving to people who were not giving anything back in return. They made living off benefits a 'career' for some people. I have people who went out of their way to get pregnant purely for the perks you got i.e. benefits & money schemes etc...

I don't agree with a lot of the things this government has done. A lot of them affect me, however, I think with Labour in power theres no doubt in my mind we would be in a much worse position now.

You must be ecstatic at the unemplyment benefit being given a 5% increase and public sector workers has been capped fir the second yr!!

More than likely down to lib dems, can't see it direct from cons ! More likely to shut them up for a few months!

Just can't see the logic in that, I have no problem with people in dire situations that are jobless but making it more appealing to be at home rather than contribut to the already failing economy is just bizarre. We must be a laughing stock.

Do you know, the pay freeze doesn't bother me. Losing my CTC doesn't bother me, we've had so many cuts over the last year money wise. (We ARE bothered but know something had to happen and we had to contribute and sacrifice to help).

I know that it was a decision that OH and I made to try and get our country out of the predicament we were in and we both felt Labour were incompetent to do it and the Tories would have gone too far. So we voted lib dems.

They can make life difficult now, cutting and freezing our wages etc... We'll scrimp and scrape and juggle to try our best to make it work BUT don't feck with my future.

If I'd known 12 years ago there were going to do this, I would have kept all my contributions to my own pension (and they're not small!) and tried to do something more constructive. However...they 'sold' me on it and now want more of my money to give me less back :wacko:

Yup. I also voted Green last time too and will again.

If everyone just assumes that there's no getting away from the main parties and the same old tosh, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy as no-one entertains the idea of voting for anyone else :flow:

Yup. I also voted Green last time too and will again.

If everyone just assumes that there's no getting away from the main parties and the same old tosh, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy as no-one entertains the idea of voting for anyone else :flow:

yay another green voter :happydance:

I completely agree! the public is so disconnected from politics, turn out is poor and very few people know what they're actually voting for - politicians get an easy job, all they have to do is wave banners for a month before elections it seems, plus you get people that "vote X before their family/area has always voted for X party" :dohh:

Labour!! My first vote the last time was labour as well. xx

I voted Labour and will continue to do so.

Everyone bangs on about what Labour 'got us into' but wtf are the Tories doing to get us out of it? So far everything they said they would do has been wrong! Yay! Great! NOT!

This recession was foreseen around 6/7 years ago...I heard about it happening when I was a teenager! Labour have been in control and could have made changes back then, got a handle on things. They KNEW it was coming a long time ago but kept their heads in the sand.

They've made it so that it pays to stay at home. They wanted to continue giving and giving and giving to people who were not giving anything back in return. They made living off benefits a 'career' for some people. I have people who went out of their way to get pregnant purely for the perks you got i.e. benefits & money schemes etc...

I don't agree with a lot of the things this government has done. A lot of them affect me, however, I think with Labour in power theres no doubt in my mind we would be in a much worse position now.

You must be ecstatic at the unemplyment benefit being given a 5% increase and public sector workers has been capped fir the second yr!!

More than likely down to lib dems, can't see it direct from cons ! More likely to shut them up for a few months!

Just can't see the logic in that, I have no problem with people in dire situations that are jobless but making it more appealing to be at home rather than contribut to the already failing economy is just bizarre. We must be a laughing stock.

Do you know, the pay freeze doesn't bother me. Losing my CTC doesn't bother me, we've had so many cuts over the last year money wise. (We ARE bothered but know something had to happen and we had to contribute and sacrifice to help).

I know that it was a decision that OH and I made to try and get our country out of the predicament we were in and we both felt Labour were incompetent to do it and the Tories would have gone too far. So we voted lib dems.

They can make life difficult now, cutting and freezing our wages etc... We'll scrimp and scrape and juggle to try our best to make it work BUT don't feck with my future.

If I'd known 12 years ago there were going to do this, I would have kept all my contributions to my own pension (and they're not small!) and tried to do something more constructive. However...they 'sold' me on it and now want more of my money to give me less back :wacko:

This is exactly how myself and my husband feel :thumbup:

I'm not sure who to vote for now if anyone .....the place is just f*cked.......people who dont work claiming all the benefits under the sun popping out more kids....are better off than people who work is just absolute bloody stupidness........ i have known loads of people get pregnant because they dont want to work, want a house.....i even knew someone who worked out how much more in benfits she could claim if she had another baby :wacko:
and a good friend of mine with 3 kids pocketed so much each month in benefits that she said she would be worse of working so doesnt, yet she would of got a job if she wasnt entitled to so much in benefits...its crazy.
People who work should see the benefits i.e sufficient pay rises every year and help towards childcare,
I'm pretty sure the world population would slow down if the benefit system tighten up and the money should quite simply be spent else where.

Even though we would be better off not working, i'd rather be worse off and have my girls grow up seeing us both work, rather than watching us sit at home living on handouts.

My dad bought his house in the early 90's when we were last in recession and yes it was the tories that were in charge of the country. So I don't really understand why people are blaming labour for the countries financial crisis, it was/is a global recession. I do believe we are heading into another one.
I'll be voting labour. I just don't agree with the tories ethics and morals. They really do not like single parent etc.

I'm not sure who to vote for now if anyone .....the place is just f*cked.......people who dont work claiming all the benefits under the sun popping out more kids....are better off than people who work is just absolute bloody stupidness........ i have known loads of people get pregnant because they dont want to work, want a house.....i even knew someone who worked out how much more in benfits she could claim if she had another baby :wacko:
and a good friend of mine with 3 kids pocketed so much each month in benefits that she said she would be worse of working so doesnt, yet she would of got a job if she wasnt entitled to so much in benefits...its crazy.
People who work should see the benefits i.e sufficient pay rises every year and help towards childcare,
I'm pretty sure the world population would slow down if the benefit system tighten up and the money should quite simply be spent else where.

Even though we would be better off not working, i'd rather be worse off and have my girls grow up seeing us both work, rather than watching us sit at home living on handouts.

Definitely not in my case. :shrug: I have two children, I worked from the day I left school, was made redundant in October. Went to Job Centre and they said I was better off staying at home. So I do. I went back to work just 4 months after my babies were born.. I had nursery fees and debt was wracking up behind me. Now I am at home I have hardly any bills but I certainly dont see it as a long term solution.

I'm glad it doesn't bother you about the inflation based rises, my friend works In HR in local authority and she's fuming about it! Money has to be saved somewhere along the line but she doesn't see it like that. Funny enough 5 of her co workers have been made redundant so in effect I suppose she needs to be thankful it wasn't her head on the line. In addition she is also up in arms about the pension crisis... But has gone into work today because she has a huge workload!! I have of course texted her to call her scab!!! :haha:

I'd rather have seen money from the pot go to nurses, midwives, teachers ect than to benefit payments. No justification there whatsoever when there's no money to begin with???

Definitely not in my case. :shrug: I have two children, I worked from the day I left school, was made redundant in October. Went to Job Centre and they said I was better off staying at home. So I do. I went back to work just 4 months after my babies were born.. I had nursery fees and debt was wracking up behind me. Now I am at home I have hardly any bills but I certainly dont see it as a long term solution.

i'm obviously not talking about everyone in this situation that do it for that reason, but this does happen and when i say popping out more kids i mean the people i know with 4,5,6 kids......when they start school they dont want to work so have another baby......
I think the benefit system is great for those who genuinely need it but there should be more help for parents who work or want to get back to work, people shouldnt be better off on benefits jmo :flower:

Personally, I blame Thatcher for the mess the country is in (both social and economical problems) :coffee:. Nothing could make me vote tory, and I certainly wouldn't next time! (although technically I don't live in the UK so I don't count - maybe next time though!)

Probably Plaid Cymru as they usually make the most sense in the area in which I live! I always vote based on the best constituency candidate rather than any national party so I think of who standing in my area will represent my views and the interests of my area best in Parliament and usually that's the Plaid Cymru candidate! :thumbup:

Beca :wave:

No-one but I don't believe Labour were all roses and the Tories are evil money-grabbing right wing nitwits either, I do believe Labour fosted a sense of entitlement and people living beyond their means-it was the case in other countries also but I feel it was worse in the UK. Also while I don't agree with the Tories on many things I have seen personally that they are clamping down on some of the benefit fraud and ridiculous housing benefit allowances that Labour either turned a blind eye to or encouraged. Certain people we knew who were making a lifestyle of living on benefits are really bricking it now as they are already being forced to attend training/work placements and also in 2013 all the benefits are going to be rolled into one. There are also a couple of friends of friends who were getting away with commiting benefit fraud under labour but got busted now there has been a big crackdown and they are starting to use experian etc to check up on people and now they have to pay the money back. A lot of dodgy landlords are screwed as well as they can no longer charge 500 quid a week for a 1 bedroom flat above a shop and know the council will pay for it (this really happened until recently in this very borough) xx

I won't be voting, I don't see the point tbh. It doesn't matter who is in charge, they all spout the same crap. They all make "promises" which never come to anything. Unfortunately, all the parties seem to do is make the very rich, richer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->