So your hair falls out after pregnancy..

Dragonfly

Mother of 4
Reaction score
I read that on another site on things they dont tell you and to be honest I wish I never did know it because I thought I had evaded it as muy hair is nice.

FFS I have a fear of my hair falling out :hissy: I am afraid to put a dye in half the time because I think its going to fall out and thats when I wasnt pregnant.

They showed pics of the hair loss and all. Apparently only happens for a while until hormones get back to normal. But I am not liking that.

And I know most didnt need to know but I want to share my fear so i dont feel alone. :cry:

My hair isthe only thing that hides my face :blush:

You wont be bald! lol What it is, when your pregnant your hair stays in the growth mode (catagen) when your pregnant, it doesnt rest and fall out as normal. So when your not pregnant anymore, it goes into the rest and fall out stages (anagen and telogen)

aww i wouldn't worry. Lots of people find they get extra hair when preg, so you won't notice a huge loss after. Also although it might look loads its really not. I really notice the hair loss after both mine, like in the bath and on the floor, but you would never know to look at your head.

I have thin hair thats why I am worried :( and them pics where off women who where clearly going bald! I may keep me helmet on lol

Hmm, I wonder how that process affects dreadlocks...

The last thing I need is for them to drop off! It's taken me 2 years to get this far! :(

With second DS I didn't really notice that much loss of hair.
With first I was more aware and used to wail I was going bald,which I wasn't LOL
Its not that much at all hun,and you are back to normal in no time xxx

i've never heard that either..
my hair is very thick, so i probably wouldn't notice it missing... but still... i like my hair! LOL

My skin is glowing however!

But after pregnancy I could look like Fester Adams, bald and no teeth :( As opposed to glowing Mortisha.

It is true, but doesn't happen to everyone. I am going through it right now, and can't wait till it stops!

Now I'm really scared because my hair is falling out like crazy NOW!! What am I gonna be like after?? I really am gonna be bald :cry:

I used to have such thick hair when I was younger and now I've hardly got any:hissy:

My hair is really thin!!! First its the worrying of my teeth/gums and now I have to worry about my hair...ggggggggreat lol

My hair is falling out by the bucket load atm. Normally it doesn't and it stays in until about 4-6 weeks after the birth you notice the baby hairs, really short growing up out of your head. But this time if I lose much more then I will be bald afterwards. My hair if really thin too hun so don't worry about it, if you do go bald you won't be alone :rofl:

is it true my hair is really falling out a lot, but don't worry its not that much hair. it just looks that way because most of us are not used to seeing so much hair fall out at once. There are no bald spots on my head. Actually you know what its like.. LOL is like a period, you feel like you are bleeding tons but really its like less than a tablespoon of blood! O thats a lovely analogy !

is it true my hair is really falling out a lot, but don't worry its not that much hair. it just looks that way because most of us are not used to seeing so much hair fall out at once. There are no bald spots on my head. Actually you know what its like.. LOL is like a period, you feel like you are bleeding tons but really its like less than a tablespoon of blood! O thats a lovely analogy !

I never got that with periods people saying its only a teasppn of blood! I have had ones in the past I swear I lost pints in!

I have thin hair thats why I am worried :( and them pics where off women who where clearly going bald! I may keep me helmet on lol

My hair was really fine before my pregnancies....it thickened in pregnancy and even though a few months after birth it seemed to be everywhere....in the bath, in my brush, on my clothes etc....it's still thicker now than it ever was before my babies:happydance:

Thats good to know as I like my hair now its thick and glossy! I look like I have hair add hair and I dont want to loose that :( I may dye my hair before I give birth in case I convince myself the dye done it as I am even afraid of hair dye lol

I read that there's a hormone or something that prevents you from shedding your hair while pregnant. That's why your hair seems thicker during pregnancy. Then once the baby is born, the hormone goes away and your hair resumes shedding like normal, plus it sheds the hairs it's been collecting for 9 months.

I'd have to say it's true, as I'm normally a shedder, and since I've been pregnant I've barely shed any hairs at all. :hugs: Don't worry, you won't go bald.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->