Soap in the Mouth....

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
Or similar, when a child swears. A friend has just posted that her almost 2 year old swore today and was suprised at the amount that replied to put something in her mouth- hot sauce, mustard and soap were some of the replies. I feel this is completely wrong.I remember my Mum doing it to me when I was little and she bust my lip open trying to force the soap in.

Does anyone else feel that this is unacceptable,or is it just me?

On a child that young it is unacceptable I remember getting soap in my mouth when I was about 10 for swearing. I never did it again lol.
I don't feel tramatized by it or anything

I would never do it. Just doesn't sit right with me.

I think it's absolutely disgusting. My MIL does it to her kids with mustard of hot pickle and they'd beg her not too and it was heartbreaking to watch ( they were 3,5,7 mainly). I just do not see how anybody can justify it.

The idea repulses me. It's abuse
We got soaped and while it was disgusting (and taught a lesson), I certainly wouldn't call it abusive!! Better than getting smacked for talking back.

A two year old is too young, imo.

The idea repulses me. It's abuse
We got soaped and while it was disgusting (and taught a lesson), I certainly wouldn't call it abusive!! Better than getting smacked for talking back.

A two year old is too young, imo.

I think it absolute abuse, I can't work out what part of doing something like that to another human being is necessary, in particular little human beings who you are suppose to love and nurture.

Many other ways to teach children, as for 'better than a smack' a smack is unacceptable IMO as well, however I can't see how putting actual soap in a childs mouth could EVER be descibed as better :(

I love and cherish my children, I wouldn't put soap in the mouths of anyone but especially my innocent children. Soap in the mouth is a play on power by an adult and it is disgusting.

I realise you are not in the uk so again it could be an American/British thing but if I knew of anyone in this country that did that to a child I would b calling social services.

You'd be calling social services for a little soap in the mouth?

:rofl:

Absolutely it is disgusting and there is no need for using a stupid emoticon to try and make my post look stupid

Soap in the mouth is completely unacceptable. 100% wrong. A serious abusive behaviour towards an innocent child

Never ever ever.i would find it TORTURE to have soap put in my mouth and would never do it to my kids no matter what they did.there are other ways.other consequences without shoving something do horrible into their mouth!i know that if I get the tiniest bit of soap/shampoo in my mouth I taste it the whole day and it makes me feel sick.

I wouldn't do it. I don't really consider it abuse for an older kid, but for a two year old... That's questionable for sure. Two year olds aren't at a point where they understand swearing. I have a cousin who was told he would have to bite soap if he kept swearing when he was about 8 so he went and took a bite of soap. His parents never planned to make him do it lol.

It is abuse.

Imagine ifa husband washed his wife's mouth out with soap...would you say oh well at least he didn't smack her around.

Forcing soap into the mouth of an adult would be assault. Why do we have lower standards for the way we treat children?

Luckily, Social services would and do class this as abuse in the UK.

It absolutely disgusts me that any adult would think its funny that someone would ring social services because someone abused their child. It disgusts me even more than some parents think its fine to in effect, bully children.

Robinator i can understand you probable jumped on right now but genuine question do you think this would be ok to do to a adult? If not why ok to a child?

Robinator i can understand you probable jumped on right now but genuine question do you think this would be ok to do to a adult? If not why ok to a child?

I'll tell you why it was done to me/my brother:

The reason soap was used is because, as someone mentioned, it is a cleaning product. Therefore, it was used symbolically in our household to "wash out our mouths" when we used dirty words.

Obviously one would not do it to another adult because we are not responsible for teaching each other what is acceptable to say.

I honestly don't think it is abusive. I didn't consider it abusive when it was done to me. It was gross and unpleasant, but certainly not traumatising. I didn't have a big bar of soap shoved in my mouth; it was a quick scrubbing of the tongue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->