Soapnuts??

JadeyB

Mummy of 2 (1 Angel baby)
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm planning on using reusables when I have my little boy next month.

What are soapnuts?

What are the benefits of soapnuts?

and, where can I buy them from?

thanks girls
xxxx

Here you go...

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/320983-can-someone-explain.html?highlight=soapnuts

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/318905-soapnuts.html?highlight=soapnuts

Thanks Rachel,

Thats really helpful!!

Do you find that soapnuts do get out all the stains - I like the idea of them as they are natural and make everything nice and soft.

I'm not sure about my washing not coming out smelling though so would probably use some essential oils!! I'm not sure I would be too keen on lavendar though.

Any other suggestions and where you can get the essential oils from?

xx

There's no stain removing agents in soapnuts so you'd have to use something like a vanish bar for stubborn stains, that and the sun if we get it! I don't like the smell of many essential oils and have been using perfume oils we have lying around from the Body Shop and they seem to work fine, everything smells gorgeous!

ooh if i wasnt pregnant id use ylang ylang oil, i used to wear it as perfume in my younger days, haha i sound like im about 40 now... im not allowed to use hardly anything atm so will be sticking to good old lavneder oil while im pregnant haha

x

How do you all add the essential oil to your wash?
Do you put a few drops on the soapnut bag?
And does anyone use tea tree oil?

:)

Hi there
I've been using tea-tree oil with no problems. I just add 5-6 drops in the conditioner drawer and that does the trick. Hope this helps.
Joanne x

Thanks!!!
I will try the tea tree oil!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79