Soaps

Scamp

I'm a mummy
Reaction score
Does anyone think the soaps have become really boring? I used to love watching them but not to fussed any more. The only one that has started getting really good is Emmerdale

I'm just watching the second emmerdale now. I missed the first one but obviously Lisa has just told everyone how Derek raped her and its quite hard to watch.

I read an interview with the actress who plays her and she said she has found it really hard to act out something so awful, knowing that it really does happen in real life.

And one of the things she said was that they picked Lisa as the character to be raped rather than one of the younger characters because they wanted to show that rape is about power and control rather than sex or what a person looks like.

And it's one of the few times I think the soaps have shown some maturity during a sensitive storyline. I think this is one time when they won't have a character go through something awful and forget it by the next week and the next big storyline.

I'm watching now, crying my eyes out. I really hope everyone believes her. Rape is an awful thing to go through but I think they are doing the story really well.

That was so awful. Poor Zak saying "I'm here for you now" and her crying. They both sounded so desperate. :cry:

:cry: Yeah its horrible. Being acted really well though.

On a different note, just saw the begining of Corrie, with Julie asleep saying "nobody puts baby in the corner." Brilliant.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lol yeah watching it because Marchlands is on next :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"