Sober October!

lucy_lu10

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
That's what I'm telling people that DH and I are up to if they comment on why I'm not drinking! :haha: We're totally on 'baby watch' by my friends and family and I just don't feel like spreading the news until the usual 3 month mark after we've heard baby's heartbeat.

I'm not a heavy drinker by any means but I never say no to a glass of wine at a family function, etc so it would be totally obvious if I just said I'm not drinking! This way it sounds like a fun and healthy goal that DH and I are doing together. :thumbup:

My alternative is to 'pretend' to drink by accepting a glass (my in-laws are huge party hosts and we go round there for large dinners several times a month) and sneaking it off to someone else. I've considered replacing a cooler with water if the occasion should arise but only as a last resort. Sneaky sneaky! :winkwink:

For those of you also on 'baby watch' or whose family would immediately guess the news if you didn't accept a drink, what are you telling them/doing?

I posted a similar thread when we'd just found out. It was just before a big family birthday meal. I just said I'd overdone it a bit with the wine a few weeks before (actually true!) and wasn't fancying a drink.

Yep I've used the "I'm hungover from last night" and with my white completion due to morning sickness I pulled it off quite well, I usually drink vodka and coke so when were out oh will go to the bar to order (and just get me a coke) sneaky sneaky 👍xxx

I just always said yes to the glass, would take a few sips, go to the bathroom and pour a bunch of out.... and repeat lol. but we have told now so I don't have to worry about it anymore

I would say yes, then switch with dh when his was gone. No one ever noticed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->