soft cups

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by pigsy, Nov 19, 2011.

1. pigsy

pigsy Well-Known Member

Hi. I have now reached desperate measures. Just finished my first IVF which failed and considering using soft cups. Anything to avoid that emotional rollercoaster lol. But has any one used them? did you do the business first and then insert them or did you put the special ingredient in them first and then insert?

2. cooch

cooch Mummy to one gorgeous boy

I've used them with and without preseed. They are bloody massive though and I can't ever get them into the correct position. Have you looked into Napro? they have had success with failed IVF couples- they have gone on to conceieve natural. We have travelled from mainland UK to Ireland for our consultation, but after the first time the rest can be done over the phone. They also have people trained in it in England.

US- https://www.naprotechnology.com/

UK- https://www.fertilitycare.net/

3. pigsy

pigsy Well-Known Member

Hi cooch. Never heard of that but will have a look. Thanks

4. irmastar

irmastar proud mom & a bit preggo

i did use for the first time last month and finally got my bfp. i inserted them w/o preseed since i didn't need it and me and OH bd and then i inseted it while still in bed. GL

5. JenniferAnn

JenniferAnn Mom to twins

I just tried one tonight for the first time, We did it first then i put one in, i was scared to use them but i got it in, it was kinda weird and i think i put it in right :) but id say get the soft cups and give it a try!!

6. NorthStar

NorthStar Well-Known Member

I have tried them out of sheer desperation and found them pretty damned awful :nope: people tell me they can't feel them once they are in, but that was not the case for me-
    but at this point I'd try most stuff.

A word of caution with the preseed/conceive plus lube, if you are putting some of that into the SC it really needs to be warmed up a little, sperm are very sensitive to cold temperatures and icy lube would probably stun them.