Soft drinks

caz_hills

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just looking for ideas - what do you drink? I'm already fed up of decaf tea, water etc. I used to drink diet coke and have moved to caffeine free but don't want to have too much fizzy drinks.

Any suggestions? Am bored already of the same drinks!x

what I do sometimes is make fruity water, just chop up some fruit and leave it it a bottle/jug of water overnight. I really loved one done with cucumber and lime-really refreshing :)

I'm the exact same as I used to drink a lot of diet coke but went off it at the beginning of my pregnancy so had to keep finding different drinks to have.

-Smoothies were good now and again but not all the time as high in sugar
-Ribena - No sugar added
- Flavoured Water

I have an assortment of teas that are good hot or cold, I drink ginger ale when I'm nauseas, and a lot of water. I like the idea of adding fruit or herb infusions to water (like strawberries, cucumbers, lemons, or mint). So refreshing. I stay away from most sodas except ginger ale due to the bloat aspect and diets sodas because of the aspartame. Have you tried low sugar juice? Or or mixing some cranberry juice with your water to give flavor? I also like the idea of a cup of hot cocoa made with dark chocolate (antioxidants) and a little cream. Obviously you can't drink it often, but it's a treat and different! For a another treat vanilla steamers are good too. I get them at a coffee house and ask for low fat milk. It's just steamed milk and vanilla powder.

Ooh, vanilla steamers sound so good! Missing my coffee.

I've been drinking elderflower cordial which I love, watered down Apple juice with lime and mint ( like a mojito!) Adding lots of ice makes it feel like a proper drink.

Also, decaf coffee frozen into ice cubes and then thrown into some cold milk make a good fake ice latte.

I drink a lot of sparkling water when I'm pregnant. It's like the fizziness of the drinks I enjoy without all the sugar and stuff.

I went on a kick where I drank ginger ale and pure orange juice (about half and half). It's a little less sugar than straight ginger ale, it helped with the nausea, and I got orange juice with calcium (I don't drink a lot of milk). Otherwise I mostly just drink water, but I did that before I was pregnant too. We don't really drink soda.

To help with nausea I also drink a lot of soda water (carbonated water - no sugar or flavour) with a splash of lemon juice in it. You could try that instead of soda. The lemon is supposed to help with nausea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->