Soldier BF may miss birth

I could never ask him to suck it up and stay. I knew these things could happen being with a soldier and told him right from the start I'd support him. I really want to of course, I want to ask him how he can possibly even think of going away at that time. But I know how unhappy he really is. I would not want anyone expecting me to stay so unhappy.

A year is such a long time to be away. You ladies who have been through that are so brave and strong. He will be gone for a 6 month tour and that is too long so the thought of a year makes my eyes water!

I know I can cope without him here, I just wanted him to witness the birth of his first child. It is an experience that cannot be replaced. I suppose I could ask my sis to film it for him :D
I have amazing family around me so coping is definitely not an issue. Plus I did it on my own with my son so know what it'd be like.

My DH was in Iraq for our son's birth, didn't meet him until he was 2 months old. It was really hard, but sometimes when there is nothing you can do about it, you just have to deal. It sucks, PM me if you wanna chat or need advise, good luck hun, and I do hope that he doesnt miss it.

i am in the army and msot the time if he tells his unit ahead of time they will give him a few days leave to go home for the birth,(most military mothers schedule an iduction date so the hubbys can be there and they know a set date) its usually only 2-3 days but its worth it. however if hes in basic training he more then likely will not be able to come home in risk that he will be held back and have to do basic over again. if hes over seas u can send him a red cross message and he maybe able to go on leave then as well (just depends on his commander and officers in charge some will adn some wont)

my bf is in th royal marines and is going to afghan in march, i am due th beginning of may.

he has put in his hols to come back 9th of may, (edd 11th may) so he may get back

i dont mind if he isnt going to be there for th birth, i did at first, but not going to worry myself or get upset about it no more.

my mam is going to be my birthing partner, so if he manages to get back for when she is born and gets to see her that is enough for me and i will be happy.

just want him to see her when she is newborn

is really hard when you are with someone in the forces as their job is so unpredictable and all depends where they are and what they are doing in afghan as to whether or nt they can get back

hopefully ya bf will get back for th birth of ya baby :)

Thank you all :)

He is a Corporal and has been in ten years (I can't say which unit) so he is way off basic training, hehe.

I did think about scheduled induction and may discuss it with my midwife if he has to go. I suppose all I can do is wait until he knows whether or not he is going and then whether or not he can come back etc.

I really appreciate all the support ladies :)

have ur hubby talk to his command and ask if he can get some leave for the time (if u can get ur mw to give u a scheduled induction date as well) hopefully the command works with ur husband so he can be home for u! best of luck!!

That is what he plans to do. But it isn't a guarantee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->