solids after illness?

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by reallytinyamy, Apr 7, 2009.

1. reallytinyamy

reallytinyamy Mum and step mum

Chloe hasnt had any solids since staurday- its tuesday now. SHe's stopped being sick but still had diahrroea everytime she takes water or milk.

Has anyone had to stop the soilds? If so when did you start again? Should I start again tomorrow as the sickness has gone or wait until the diahrroea has gone too?

2. isil

isil Well-Known Member

when I've stopped Ally's solids I've just offered him something light (I can't think of anything really obvious right now because Alasdair has toast and I don't think Chloe does? um, maybe something cerealy?) when he's seemed a lot better. Like in his mood and just when he's been 'brighter'. Then, I've basically been led by him and how he does with the food I've offered him. It might take her a while to get back on track as she's been so poorly :hugs:

3. reallytinyamy

reallytinyamy Mum and step mum

I thought I'd try a few spoons of porridge tomorrow lunchtime if the diahroea isnt too bad, if shes still got it like today I will take her back to dr anyway