Some advice please

Dumping crap on your path is disgusting and imo a total over reaction. She didn't even give you a chance to solve the problem first.

Personally I would go over with the deterrent and apologise for the mess the cat is making. I would also be sure to say to her that you would appreciate if this didn't work that she tells you instead of throwing crap all over your path.

The more sickly sweet you are the better.

I like that idea. My OH works alot so Im left at home with a new born and a toddler, and if she knocks on my door an asks me to clean it up Ive got no way of doing it cos I wont leave the kids, so I think it will get worse :(

Problem is, as far as im aware, cats don't poo in their own garden. Unless of course you train it to use a litter tray, though iv never heard of one being used outside, he'd probably just ignore it!

This is a tough one because there is no way you can control your cats business outside the house! Your neighbour seems to have reacted pretty harshly, maybe a sorry card or gift?
I also agree with another poster, how many cats are in your neighbourhood anyway, can't just be yours!

I hope you find a way to resolve this, tricky issue! X

I always knew which cat it was that poo'd in my garden because it was the only cat I ever saw in there and caught in the middle of its business. Like someone else said they have patrols so tend to stick to the same areas. When the cat passed away I never had a single poo on my lawn again so it was definitely her.

I don't agree with what the lady did but I must admit I have been so infuriated before I have fleetingly been tempted to put it in their garden since it does belong to their pet, and see how they like it. I'd never do it because it's obviously wrong, but going round picking up after someone else's pets can get seriously annoying. Especially when you miss a bit and go over it with the lawnmower :sick:

Hi, we have a product called "Critter Ridder" here in the US (assuming you are in the UK). It seems to work well with keeping cats out of unwanted areas. My cat has a stress issue (indoor cat) that can lead to other medical issues and the neighborhood cats tend to come up on our poach which aggravates him. They also started peeing on my front door. I sprayed it around my house a few times and haven't had the problem since.

Im going shopping tomorrow so Ill get some and offer it to her.

Shes got gravel on her path but if she spoke to us before she put it on our path then I could have got some that day as I was out shopping at the time

Have you tried using a litter box inside? That might solve the problem.
While I sympathize with your neighbour's frustration, her actions were really immature and unnecessarily antagonistic. She should have let you know it was happening and worked with you to solve it, not done something so cowardly and aggressive.
You say she dumped a big bag of it? What was she hoarding it or something? She sounds a tad obsessive....

Would you know if a cat was pooing in your garden? This is a bit OT but we have a few cats come into our garden, next doors being one. I never knew they bury it. Would you always know if one was doing it?

I agree with getting some sort of deterrent :flower:

My cats have 2 litter boxes inside and they go out as well, I wouldn't know what they do all the time they're outside but they definitely poo in our own garden. Other cats used to poo in my garden quite a lot but not so much since I got cats.

OP I hope this situation can be resolved so everyone's reasonably happy. What your neighbour did was unacceptable but when frustrations run high people's judgement can fly out the window.

Well I bought cat repelant and my OH went over to pick up the cat poo as we had another note. We wrote one back explaining that we were not the only cat owners on the street and unless she can prove that its our cats then we wont be picking the poo up. We gave her the cat repellant.

Today, I came home to a bag of cat poo and a note saying sort your cats out. The spray does not work. I dont believe that as cat repellant has a strong smell and the day she was meant to to it again (my OH sprayed her garden first) it stunk. when we went past that articular day there was no smell. Ive called the non emergency police and I have someone coming over tomorrow. There really is nothing else I can go.

I don't blame you for calling someone. That is disgusting. She obviously just hates cats and likes to have someone to blame, but like you say, unless she videos your cat caught in the act or something, I'd have told her two words and the second would have been off. You've been much more generous than I would have been, I wouldn't have bothered with buying her a thing to be honest. Cats go where they want.

Im looking forward to police tomorrow, be very interesting

Its really not on dumping cat poo on your driveway. Its really an antagonistic thing to do and would totally get my back up. Cats are free spirits. I have tons in my garden and dont give it a second thought. I have never found any cat poo on my garden. I assumed that cats bury it. I mean ffs!!! what about bird poo!! or other animals poo?? Cats are not like dogs. They roam free!! totally an over reaction on her part!

Exactly! God help her when the foxes are out in force!

Omg. I would of told her to do one. I have 2 cats myself and when they go out I don't know what they get up to. I have also seen other cats poop in my garden.. Just how it is. Use the spray or get over it. Not like you can actually stop them! x

I always knew which cat it was that poo'd in my garden because it was the only cat I ever saw in there and caught in the middle of its business. Like someone else said they have patrols so tend to stick to the same areas. When the cat passed away I never had a single poo on my lawn again so it was definitely her.

I don't agree with what the lady did but I must admit I have been so infuriated before I have fleetingly been tempted to put it in their garden since it does belong to their pet, and see how they like it. I'd never do it because it's obviously wrong, but going round picking up after someone else's pets can get seriously annoying. Especially when you miss a bit and go over it with the lawnmower :sick:

I have to say that I agree. The only pet I own is a fish - every so often I have to clean it out.

I've had two cats repeatedly use our lawn and garden as a toilet and we tried everything from sprays etc... to sort it out.

I can completely feel her frustration at cleaning up the shit of someone else who wanted a cat and let them go about their business.

Dropping the crap on your drive is not on at all. But I suppose her cleaning up your cats crap all the time isn't either really is it :shrug:

I personally would try and see it from her perspective. And as another poster said, I would look at what you have to do as the owner of a domesticated animal in regards to clean up.

There are quite rightly laws in place for dog owners and personally after the amount of crap I've cleaned up in the past for other peoples cats, I think that they should have one for cat owners.

I'm in no way condoning her behaviour, but you seem to have gone on the attack rather than being empathic of the situation she is in.

I think op us reacting the way because this woman dumps shit on her doorstep claimi her cats are doing this but there are plenty other cats too!

Yes it's irritating that cats do it. Even more irritating that rabbits do cause it's tiny and gets stuck in every groove in your shoes. But still they are cats. You can try and prevent them doing it, doesn't mean they will stop though.

As I said, I don't condone her behaviour, but I completely understand her frustration.

She will know its your cat. I can tell you exactly which cats it is that used to do our lawn....my ex used to work shifts and watched. He would run out and make loud noises and once he even caught the cat and rubbed its nose in it to see if that worked and it didn't.

Its ok saying that there are so many cats etc...but from my experience, they seem to be habitual crappers and use the same area for the toilet. If she's seen your cat do it, she will know that its your cat?

Again, her putting the crap on your drive is excessive. But if she is continually cleaning up your cats crap, all she is doing is returning it to you, the owner of the cat.

I know that our kids weren't allowed to play on our lawn because of the cats. Funnily enough they came from the same neighbour. Thankfully they stopped when the owners moved!

I wouldn't have got the police involved, I'd be furious. Someone elses cat keep crapping on my lawn and for months she'd have cleaned it up and after finally realising the owner and venting her months of frustration she has the police knocking on the door. I suppose they'll just say the same to you as you said to her....prove it was her, like you said prove its your cat!

Habitual crappers that made me :lol: sorry.

I think it is quite extreme her reaction surely there is a better way than continuously posting notes and leaving cat crap on the ops drive. OP maybe speaking to her and suggestion you or oh goes round and sprays cap repellant as I noted you didn't think she had done it as it has a stink to it?(it's does it's disgusting). As a peace keeping solution so the she isn't doing the work so to speak.

As I said, I don't condone her behaviour, but I completely understand her frustration.

She will know its your cat. I can tell you exactly which cats it is that used to do our lawn....my ex used to work shifts and watched. He would run out and make loud noises and once he even caught the cat and rubbed its nose in it to see if that worked and it didn't.

Its ok saying that there are so many cats etc...but from my experience, they seem to be habitual crappers and use the same area for the toilet. If she's seen your cat do it, she will know that its your cat?

Again, her putting the crap on your drive is excessive. But if she is continually cleaning up your cats crap, all she is doing is returning it to you, the owner of the cat.

I know that our kids weren't allowed to play on our lawn because of the cats. Funnily enough they came from the same neighbour. Thankfully they stopped when the owners moved!

I wouldn't have got the police involved, I'd be furious. Someone elses cat keep crapping on my lawn and for months she'd have cleaned it up and after finally realising the owner and venting her months of frustration she has the police knocking on the door. I suppose they'll just say the same to you as you said to her....prove it was her, like you said prove its your cat!

Even police on the phone said its pretty obvious its her when theres a note with it!

As I have said I understand shes frustrated but my OH will be working 6 days a week starting December. We told her in the note we sent that we have done all we can.

Police are involved now because shes coming closer to the property with the cat poo, and if she knocks on my door and kicks off then my kids are going to witness it.

Might just put nappys on the cats. That will sort the problem out.

Habitual crappers that made me :lol: sorry.

I think it is quite extreme her reaction surely there is a better way than continuously posting notes and leaving cat crap on the ops drive. OP maybe speaking to her and suggestion you or oh goes round and sprays cap repellant as I noted you didn't think she had done it as it has a stink to it?(it's does it's disgusting). As a peace keeping solution so the she isn't doing the work so to speak.

Sean works 10am-somtimes 1am in the morning, if shes saying that its not worked then I cant see her allowing us to do it. Im going to ask for the cat repellant stuff back as it should be atleast half way down now so we will see if shes lying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->