Some advice please

You could try keeping them inside with a litter tray for a short while (actually meant to be safer, especially in winter) and then slowly moving the litter tray to exactly where you want it to be in your garden, eventually getting rid of the litter altogether. It's meant to help if you bury their poo where you want them to go in future.

This is what we do, my cat has an area of our garden she goes in daily. Winters a good time for this as cats tend to stay in more as its colder.
I do think calling the police was an overreaction and has just made the situation worse. But each to their own.

I do think people forget that catmess can be dangerous.

My neighbours cat comes in my garden and s**** in my flower bed I've tried loads of different things, nothing deters it. I bang on the window if I catch it in the garden but that seems to have stopped working too. Last time I ran at it and banged the gate I haven't seen it since ( will probably get told I'm cruel now) but to be honest if its not the neighbours cat s*** it's the other neighbours dog s*** I'm having to pick up good job my DD is a bit older and understands not too touch it. I had a scare at 18 weeks pregnant when I was out gardening and my trowel got stuck flicking soil in my face when I noticed a dirty great cat s*** so I panicked thankfully I was negative for toxo but I am susceptible so because someone can't be bothered to be responsible for their pet I am put at risk. I worry more when this LO starts to want to toddle out into his OWN garden. Anyway I don't make a deal of it just pick if up and dispose of it but it really gets to me is all I'm saying

Cats can definitely be trained not to crap in others' gardens. Emy's suggestion is a great one.
Cat owners just love to say they can't be trained because, tbh, they can't be arsed. If it's too much work, don't own a cat :shrug:
Yes they are 'free spirits' but they're still pets. You own it, you feed it, you house it, you take responsibility for it. If it shits, you clean it up. If you don't want to clean it up, your neighbours probably don't either.

Its comical really. Her cat does a shit in someone elses garden and its all fine and dandy, 'try and help but then prove its mine' kind of response.

She returns the cat shit, nice and tidy in a bag and the police get called.

Insult to injury!!

We had an abusive note.

Anyway, her son came round & threatened tpo harm my kids so cats are going today.

Its comical really. Her cat does a shit in someone elses garden and its all fine and dandy, 'try and help but then prove its mine' kind of response.

Insult to injury!!

We had an abusive note.

Anyway, her son came round & threatened tpo harm my kids so cats are going today.

Really?? It was a bit funny before with the cat poo bag etc but thats taking it too far! Make sure and update the police about that! Some people :nope:

We updated the police but Im too scared now to get them out :(

Sorry but no-one should have to be worried about their cats being harmed. That's outrageous.

Disgusting threatening you over some cat poo what is wrong with people.

I have 3 cats and they use a litter tray even coming back in from outside to use it then going back outside even though we back onto a field lol

Like I said earlier I do understand your neighbours frustration but I don't think she's gone about this the right way at all. Threatening to harm your kids is disgusting, you've done the right thing telling the police.

Just because your cat is being a nuisance to her it doesn't give them the right to abuse you and your family. It seems like you tried in the beginning but I don't blame you for stopping going round there since they were being anything but civil with you.

I hope you can find a solution soon and they don't cause you any more trouble. Are you thinking of rehoming the cats now?

They have now been re homed. Got a very upset little girl, shes been told the cats have gone to live with there mummy.

So hard not to cry

Insult to injury!!

We had an abusive note.

This would be when i'd of called the police! Thats completely insane! So sorry you had to give the cats away :(

Like I said earlier I do understand your neighbours frustration but I don't think she's gone about this the right way at all. Threatening to harm your kids is disgusting, you've done the right thing telling the police.

Just because your cat is being a nuisance to her it doesn't give them the right to abuse you and your family. It seems like you tried in the beginning but I don't blame you for stopping going round there since they were being anything but civil with you.

I hope you can find a solution soon and they don't cause you any more trouble. Are you thinking of rehoming the cats now?

I completely agree!

I can understand her frustration and have total empathy for her. I've been there myself! However, threatening your family? That's not on in the slightest.

It's never right for anyone to be threatened and I also agree with LHancock as this is when I would have called the police!

I wonder if calling the police sent her over the edge.

So sorry its came to point youve had to rehome your family pets. :( i completely understand why you gave them away though considering your kids had been brought into it. Just ridiculous how much the situation escalated x

They have now been re homed. Got a very upset little girl, shes been told the cats have gone to live with there mummy.

So hard not to cry

I know it's hard but you've done the right thing, your kids come first.

What sort of idiot threatens to harm kids over cat poop! :nope:

Thats outrageous! I can understand why you have done this but i hope you have reported her comment to the police. That is unacceptable. Sounds like she is very unreasonable. Tbh, she may think she has won and although its not a game she will feel she has got the upperhand. I would report her threat.

I'm so sorry, what a nasty piece of work. Who threatens children! Any news from the police?

I was going to say do you have an area suitable from your cat to go to the toilet. We have wood chios and gravel and our girl goes there and I clean up every few days. It's moot now though :(

How awful, the way I read this thread was the first op heard of the issue was when the neighbour put the poo on her garden and then talked to her about it... Seemed very unreasonable to me from the beginning.. Yes it was an issue but the neighbour should have brought it up in a much more adult way. Op buys a repellent.. Op gets more cat poo with an abusive note in a bag saying it's not working.. Again.. Why not bring it up civilly? Op rings the police for advice on the situation.. Probably sensed this was getting out of hand.. Yes the neighbour wasn't happy but let's face it.. What has the neighbour done to help herself? Shouts at op.. Then sends someone else over to threaten violence..
Op feels forced to re home cats..

For the record we cleaned up cat poo in our old garden.. Lil frustrating but we accepted it.. No big deal and certainly wouldn't have reacted the way the neighbour did.

Don't tell ur neighbour the cat has gone.. See what happens...

Pp above had a great idea.. Cats love to up in gravel or wood chip..
This is the first time I have ever heard of this issue

So sorry you have to rehome the cats, i think you have done the best you could. It must have been frustrating for you.... also for your neighbors but to threaten your children ? i think they went too far..

anyway, years ago when me and oh had a cat, we made a toilet area for it. We got a big tray and filled up with sand and she went to the toilet there and we just scooped the poo every day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->