some advice please!!

hoping4#1

Reaction score
Hi ladies just a little confused here. Went to FS appt yesterday and they told us all tests are normal so are sending us straight for IVF. Is this normal or are there other routes we're meant to be going down first? x

I'm a bit surprised they would start straight off with IVF... as it's the most time consuming and evasive. There are other options... IVF has the highest rate of success, however, you could start with going on Clomid or injectable hormones in conjuction with IUI (intrauterine insemination) and that should give you a 10-15% chance (higher depending on age).

I was told I could do 4 round of Clomid/IUI, then 4 round with Injectables/IUI... before we would have to look into IVF.

Can't hurt to ask about your other options. But just do what feels right for you. Sometimes we have to be our own advocate!

Best of luck hun!!!

I did ask about clomid but he said it would be pointless as I ovulate fine on my own so not really sure whats gonna happen until I go to my next appt.

Good luck to you too hun x

I would also have thought IUI first. ...assuming you've had your tubes checked? or it could be an age thing if you're heading for 35+?

Hey hun, are you NHS? I know not all PCTs offer IUI, mine doesn't so it's straight to IVF. I think I'd clarify with the clinic or look on the HFEA website to see if they do offer it 'free' or perhaps if it's paying? Good luck x

I also find it odd- especially if all of your numbers look good. I ovulate perfectly fine on my own but was given clomid to help me try and produce more eggs to increase chances- and thankfully & gratefully it worked on the 1st try. I agree with Seoj that IVF takes a larger toll on your body and isn't as easy.. especially if you have no known issues and haven't even tried fertility meds. Best of luck!! Hope you are successful whichever route you end up taking!

My clinic likes to do 6 rounds of clomid, 3 in conjunction with iui and also 3 cycles of natural iui (this is obviously only when you're unexplained), my friend goes to a clinic about 10 miles away from mine and they just send u straight onto ivf. I personally wish i could have just gone straight for ivf ad I feel like I've wasted so much time with the other things, but then again for NHS treatment if you're under 35 and you're unexplained u need to have been trying for 3 yrs anyway

Thankyou ladies for your input. I'm just totally puzzled as i thought we'd have to wait a bit longer but as we fall under the unexplained category i suppose they think other routes are pointless? OH SA were perfect plenty of perfect swimmers, my tubes are clear, scans show my ovaries and womb are normal size with no sign of endo or fibroids and all my hormone tests are normal. We have been trying for 15 months now but doc didnt say anything about a 3 year waiting list he just said we were to go straight to IVF. Its got nothing to do with age either as Im 27 and OH is 28, he said we get bumped to top of q coz we have no children. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->