Some advice - Using OPK's

planetspa

Reaction score
Hi Ladies. Just a bit of advice when using OPK's. When I first tried to get pregnant, I tested once a day with the OPK, I never got a positive reading. On the 2nd month of trying I started to test 3 times a day! from about day 7 of my cycle. I got a positive reading at about day 13. This positive reading lasted only about 36 hours. If I had only tested once a day I would have missed this fertile window. Me and hubby got 'down to it' several times and we got pregant the month testing 3 times a day.

I would advise you all to buy a bumper pack of OPK's (I got a pack of 50 from ebay really cheap). And to test at least 3 times a day to ensure you catch your fertile window! It worked for me. Good Luck.

thanks for the advice,its my first time using ovulation sticks and i have bought 20 tests from ebay. i am currently on my 2nd day of my period.. which lasts 4 days, so il be finished by Monday morning. so when do i actually start testing?

MissCam. I started testing on day 7 and found I ovulated on day 13-14. I started on day 7 because thats when when my period ended. You may want to start testing when your period ends, but make sure you have enough tests! you don't want to run out before you get a positive! How long is your cycle? I found I ovulated on the half way point during my cycle. So, my cycle was 26 days so i ovulated on roughly day 13 because thats half of 26. x

thankyou for the reply,,,

last Month i had a period on 6th March... but then 14 days later when i was ovulating i had thick brown discharge for 4 days... and no blood.

and then 28 days later i had a period on Thursday 19th April and it finished on Sunday 22nd April... (4 day period)

if i have sex on cycle days 10 & 11 which is this Saturday and Sunday..... about 4 times and im not ovulating will the sperm stay alive untill i ovulate hopefully on cycle day 14.

I too have had months where I never get a positive OPK. I was thinking about testing more then once this month. AF due any day and then I will be back to the drawing board. Do you stop testing after you have O or do you continue to test as I have heard some women O more then once a cycle. Also, what brand of OPK's have you ladies used in the past and had luck with? I have always used the digital with the smiley faces but if i'm going to test more then once a day I think I need some cheeper ones.... and ones that I can buy in bulk. Also, anything else you could share with me about OPK's would be of great help because sadly I'm not as educated on them as I should be!

Hi There thought i would let you know where to buy in bulk i got mine from ebay 30 for around £3.00 plus 99p delivery they also sell 20 really early pregancy tests too

I have decided this month im going to test 2x a day last month i caught a positive OPK for 2 days but AF arrived for me so onto the next month, i started testing Day 10 of my cycle i Ov last month on Day13-14 I have cheapies to test around 6pm and Smiley Digital to test lunchtime.....Its mad how you not to use FMU isnt it ?

I hope you all get a positive OPK this month plenty of ::BD:: AND WE WILL GET A BFP

this is my first time ever using Ov Test strips, I also got them cheap from Ebay. I am on CD 8.... i am going to start testing from 2morro CD 9...

my partner is only around CD 9 10 11 AND 13...... SO I REALLY HOPE I OVULATE!!!!!

I WONT SEE HIM AGAIN UNTILL CD 17... :(

misscam, sperm can stay alive in you for about 5 days, so yes if you have sex on day 11 you may get pregnant when you ovulate around day 14. It is best though to have sex nearer ovulation day.

abarth12911. i bought a bulk load of tests from ebay or amazon, i think they were called first step? I would recommend using these because the closer to ovulation the darker the line becomes. The digital tests just give you a smiley or sad face with no indication of how close to ovulation you are.

Hi im currently on CD12 faint line this morning so hopefully positive soon ;) I agree about the digital (first time using them this month) and it just shows a blank circle no indication of when OV is near nothing ! Im using these aswel as cheapies...GL hope you catch that egg BD as much as you can thats what im doing hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->