Some good news at last!

holly81

Reaction score
Soooooo..... as some of you may remember, my lovely OH was whisking me away to a surprise location this weekend, to help me feel better after a horrible 12 months and my recent m/c before I have to start back at work. We just got back and I'm thrilled to say the boy really pulled it out the bag!!

We went to a little luxury woodland lodge in the middle of nowhere. It was still snowy there and overlooking a frozen lake with nesting black swans. So on the first night I was looking out the french doors feeling all thoughtful, and he comes up and hugs me. Before I realise what's happening he only gets down on one knee and proposes, holding out a big sparkly ring!!!!! Yes, yes, yes! OMG I'm getting married!! :happydance: :cloud9: :happydance: So maybe I'll have the same surname as my babies after all! ;)

It's such a wonderful surprise as he is definitely 'the one' and I totally wasn't expecting it! As he said, we've been through so much terrible stuff in the last 12 months, and now this is the start of a wonderful year (and lifetime together - whoop!). :) Let's hear it for the boy!!!

That's wonderful news! Congratulations!

So when are you planning the big day for?

Thank you! :cloud9:

Ideally we'd like to get hitched this summer (we don't want a big ceremony, so shouldn't be impossible to plan quickly) but OH's sister is travelling and not back till Nov at earliest and we can't do it without her :(

So now we have to decide whether to hold off TTC till after the wedding, or start trying late spring/early summer as planned and fit the wedding around that next year...

OMG!!!Congrats!!!
Theres so much going on on this forum this last weekend,we've had a pregnancy from Bailey4eva and now a proposal.Thats so brilliant!xxxxx

awww wow how amazing!! i just got goosebumps reading this!!!! Huge congrats hunni xxxxxxx

Thank you! :cloud9:

Ideally we'd like to get hitched this summer (we don't want a big ceremony, so shouldn't be impossible to plan quickly) but OH's sister is travelling and not back till Nov at earliest and we can't do it without her :(

So now we have to decide whether to hold off TTC till after the wedding, or start trying late spring/early summer as planned and fit the wedding around that next year...

Well, I'm getting married in November - if you ask me, it's the best time to do it...:laugh2: As for TTC, I want to give you some advice as good as you gave me before, but all I can say is do what's best for you. The wedding will be wonderful whether you have a baby, a bump, or just a twinkle in daddy's eye...

Thanks ladies, I'm sooo excited! :D

Lol Jen maybe there's some serious good luck fairy dust cast over this forum atm - who knows what other great news will appear on the boards over the coming week with Valentine's looming....

AWWWWWWWW!!!! CONGRATS!!! Glad you have something to make your eyes shine and your face sparkle!!!

Awwww thats SO sweet!!! Im so pleased for you and congratulations :D :D x x x x

Awww... that's amazing!!!
Congratulations!!
:happydance:

wonderful news!!! That sounds absolutely breathtaking and you deserve it! I'm so so happy for you!!! :D

Oh congratulations!!! What a wonderful man to be so thoughtful and romantic! I love it when they do things like that, I'm so happy for you!! :happydance:

Whoop Whoop for the Boy! :yipee: :hugs:
That's fantastic news Holly, Congratulations!
As for ttc as Yellow Crayon rightly said......whether there is a baby, bump or a twinkle in Daddy's eye I'm sure your day will be perfect.

:hug: :flower: :hug:

Oh that is GREAT news!! And so terrible adorable. sounds like he went through some trouble to get the perfect proposal to happen just for you. i'm jealous girl!! have a happy wedding (even if it's not till Nov)

Awrrr How lovely is ur proposal story!! your fiance sounds soooo cute! Massive Massive congrats hun!!!!

xxxxx

congratulations on the wedding! we are getting married on the 27th of this month we will have planned it all in 4months when the day comes so i think it is completly doable!
congratulations xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"