Some help! Baby rice ... how/when?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok I'm sure shes ready for a bit of food ontop of milk but obviously clueless.

As you see shes 4 months and some of you have started this in and around Moos age so I'm curious from those who are or have been at this stage of how your feeds go including the baby rice ...

Pweasssss x x

Blimey what would even I do without here? I'd be pissing my HV right off

*random thought*

:rofl:

As I said before, if you want some meal plans from Bethanie's weaning, let me know by pm or something. I can't really remember. We started the baby rice off really runny though, but she picked it up very quickly.

EDIT- oh and I usually gave Bethanie half of her milk to start with, just until she was satisfied.. then the rice then the rest of her bottle.

Layla suggested in another post giving a feed as usual then trying a bit of baby rice afterwards, maybe make up some with an ounce of formula, if that and try it after a feed.

Hi with my kids i made a small amount of rice from feed then fed baby bottle then a few spoons of rice usually on packet has guidelines for amount just start off watery and make a little more than recommended then increase consistency as your little one gets used to the texture she may poke out her tongue and seem to be spitting it out but dont be put off as she will just be getting used to the feeling of this new food in her mouth hope that helps happy feeding x

Hiya, what i do with Oli is give him all his feeds as normal (5 6oz feeds a day)
then at the same feed everyday afterwards i give him some baby rice mixed with abit of formula (make up an extra ounce) All Caitlin will need to start off is one tea spoon of the rice. Then just gradually increse the amount as and when she needs it, after a couple of weeks if she's ready you could try her with a second meal...and so on.xx

You mix the rice with the bottle milk warmed up?

Layla suggested in another post giving a feed as usual then trying a bit of baby rice afterwards, maybe make up some with an ounce of formula, if that and try it after a feed.

yeah i made up an extra oz of milk in one bottle then used that oz to make teh rice up with, id feed the bottle first so they were not loseing any milk, then offer s couple of spoonfulls of baby rice.

Once mine were used to it, i switched to home made veg and fruits.

I have stopped wtih Adam now tho, hes chilled right out and is happy again on milk only

x

yeah i made up an extra oz of milk in one bottle then used that oz to make teh rice up with, id feed the bottle first so they were not loseing any milk, then offer s couple of spoonfulls of baby rice.

Once mine were used to it, i switched to home made veg and fruits.

I have stopped wtih Adam now tho, hes chilled right out and is happy again on milk only

x

Ditto x

Was it just once a day - the baby rice? anything else in the day?

I take that as a no then to my question...

Anyways, I started once a day at lunch time, then once feeding is more established you can do maybe breakfast and lunchtime and go from there gradually.

Why assume that lol

Right now no but kept it in mind which is why I hit the thanks button. Just trying toget my head round the start off/idea I think first as well as up and down from PC. I tend to get lost on what I was thinking and remember later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->