Some opinions on these girls names...

'Ll' is similar to 'th', but with the tongue further back

thats the only way i can explain it :S

'Ll' is similar to 'th', but with the tongue further back

thats the only way i can explain it :S
Ok ok I meant it kinda sounds phlemy :sick:
thats the only way I can describe it, good job house to myself i must look/sound like a right div say Ll over and over the welsh way :rofl:

no its not from the throat (like your hocking up phlegm?) the sound comes from your breath passing your tongue which is pressed against your teeth!

i may just make a video and bloody upload it as i cant find one on youtube!! :rofl:

I love the name Tesni Brooke Steer, it is so unique and really pretty. I like unusual names too, you don't want to end up with your child being called the same as 10 others in their class plus when they are older an unusual name will spark many conversations and make them stand out from the crowd.

This thread has made me giggle!!! Love all your responses, it has made me more confident sticking with them. Feel free to steal Tesni if you wish, and it is pronounced as you think it would be but the 's' tends to make more of a 'z' sound when said.

Tala was the name both me and FOB saw and like, Tesni is one I saw, so the 3rd name is going to be chosen by FOB. We will then pick the one that feels right when its born (secretly hoping for Tesni at the moment with either Brooke or Jay as a middle name) Maybe suggesting my hubbys first name as the middle name might be the clincher in going for it haha.

I really like Tesni Brooke! Very pretty!

Tala is pretty too... although i think i prefer the slight variation: Talia

Talia: Greek for "blooming" (works well for a June baby!) or Hebrew for "God's dew"

I like the idea of Jay as a middle name... you can always make it a bit more feminine: Jai, Jae, or even Jaidyn?

Tesni Jaidyn
Tesni Rose
Tesni Kate
Tesni Jade
Tesni Paige
Tesni Elizabeth
Tesni Grace

Some other pretty welsh names:

Carys -- "love"
Rhiannon -- "queen"

Wow. What a thread... Controversy, phlegm, it's got the lot!! :haha:

I really like Tesni (although now that I write that it reminds me a bit of Chesney) and have always liked Ffion.

Tala I'm not so sure on. Maybe because I know a little boy with that name (although it's a Tokelauan name, not Native American).

[/QUOTE]

All I can say is WOW, not sure I've ever read anything so rude!!

Anyway - I think the meaning of Tesni is beautiful and I like the way it looks, I am not sure how it is pronounced though. Is it just as you think it would be??

I love Tesni Brooke, but how about Tesni Ffion (I think someone else may have suggested this) I think it is a lovely name - especially as both names have such a lovely meaning.

xxx[/QUOTE]

My sister's name is Bethan Tesni, but she has always been known to everybody as Tesni. It's a lovely name, and so unusual outside of Wales that we have never met anybody with the same name.

I'll spell it for you how you would say it (that phoneticcy way):

Tezny/Teznee

Hope this helps, it's an amazing name, and i wish my parents had given it to me :)

I think Tesni Jay (Or maybe Tesni Jaye) is really pretty. Good luck!

Cat
xxx

Sorry - both of those open your baby up to my pet-hate - mummy or daddy choosing names they like rather than ones that will be good for the baby.

Tesni? Tala? Ffion? Please, please, please, tell me you are kidding and you are not actually seriusly considering lumbering your baby with any of these names. I have grown up with a non-traditional spelling (Saara, rather than Sarah) and trust me, I would have given anything at school age to have a 'normal' name. And mine was only a different spelling to a very tradional name in my own country - I hate to think what it'd be like for a child called 'Ffion' or 'Tala'. I know I certainly would not touch a name such as that with a barge-pole. I think to do so is tantamount to child-abuse.

Actually, Ffion is a traditional Welsh name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->